2 screens on one 7850?

sinister8102

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012

asalikus

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
Yes, of course it can run 2 monitors it can even run 6, but you may get low FPS at certain games like Battlefiled 3 or Crysis. You can look for benchmarks at Youtube or ar forms like Tom's Hardware etc. Good luck!

jsrudd

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
Do you want to run games across two screens? If so that card will be a little weak (not max settings) but should run games alright given the resolution of the screens.

If you want to game on one screen and only use the second monitor for general computing then the 7850 will be fine.

As a side note, you generally want to have an odd number of monitors for gaming (especially with first person shooters) so the middle of the screen is not a bezel.

sinister8102

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012

Yea, i did not really specify, but i will use one for gaming and the other for showing stats, youtube, browsing, guides, etc. But eventually if i got a 3rd screen id get another 7850/7870 and crossfire.

Would i be able to play max settings on games (Ex. Bf3) on my one screen while still having the other screen in use for basic web browsing?

if its gaming on one screen and almost idle on the other, ts usually doable. you will see a slight performance drop of course since it has to display the second screen, but it isnt as bad as if it were gaming on both screens.

TRENDING THREADS