Best computer around 800-1000 dollars

Approximate Purchase Date: unknown

Budget Range:1000 dollars at max including tax (7%)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, video converting, rendering, web browsing, schoolwork

Parts to Upgrade: everything except for a dvd drive

Do you need to buy OS: no

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: i feel comfortable with newegg but if i can grab a better deal at a different site i will take it

Parts Preferences: intel

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: 1024x768 but i do have a 1080 p 26 inch tv that i will probably be using with this new build as it is not being used at this moment

Additional Comments: i want it to run very low in temperature as my room gets very hot in the summer so it is hard to cool a pc in that temperature

And Most Importantly: well right now i am running a core 2 duo at 2.13 ghz i have 533 mhz ram and a radeon hd6450, you do the math

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kSB6 these are the parts that i am currently looking at, is there anything i can do to make this rig better for about the same price?
5 answers Last reply
More about best computer 1000 dollars
  1. Yes you can get this PSU it won't make it better but it will save you ten dollars didn't we already talk about that maybe it was not you anyway Antec HGC M 620W
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371059
    Seasonic made, 80Plus Bronze, modular, 48A of 12V power, 3 yr warranty ALSO HERE MOBO +CPU COMBO will save you $25.00 http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1033223
  2. Also, I suggest you drop the Ripjaws and get the Ares/Sniper instead.
    The Ripjaws' tall heat spreaders will give you a hard time installing the CPU cooler.

I also suggest spending a few more cash to get a 7870. The performance difference is quite relative.

In any case, your build is quite great. Good job!
  3. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($26.82 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($284.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.98 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 620W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $911.74
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

As usual: case is personal choice; change it if you want.

Get mobo from Newegg and they give you 8GB free RAM.
  4. mastrom101 said:

i am going to stick with the antec three hundred two case, and the ssd was alreayd in mind for a later upgrade
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product