Grahpics card help!

G

Hello, when it comes to computers I am basically a begginer, I have a small knowledge which I have aquired just from reading over the past two days. But I have a problem. I want to play Guild Wars 2 but when I do it's so slow, slow enough to be unbearable. The reason for this I believe is that the graphics card is one which is just built into the motherboard (correct me if I'm wrong) and basically I've decided to have a try at building a computer basically just to play Guild Wars 2 but to also do tasks such as browse internet, watch HD videos and maybe a small amount of editing.

Noodl

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Without extra information about your willing budget and computer parts, it's limited in what we can say.

Guild Wars 2 requires a GPU with 256MB and SM 3,any low end GPU can run that rather easily, by low end I don't mean REALLY low end.
Pretty much any modern GPU you buy now could run that easily, though it may not even be the GPU that's the cause of the lag, it could be a weak CPU you have.

Depending on what other games you want to get, you could get a Radeon 4350 for around £30 which is small low profile and easy to run and will run all sorts of games, but don't be expecting to play Skyrim or Battlefield 3 and high settings with that GPU.

If you wanted to do a bit more gaming, you could go for a Radeon 7750 which is a bit more solid, and again will run on the power from the PCI-E slot so you wouldn't have to bother about a PSU upgrade like you might if you went for some other cards.