Which Graphix Card is compatible and with in budget

argha

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
I have G31M-ES2L mother board and Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz and 2gb DDr2 800 FSB ram. Now I want to buy a graphics card compatible to my mother board and it should be with in budget of Rs. 4500. PLZ HELP me with the info. I need it urgent plz plz plz :wahoo:

Can you give me a link to a website to choose cards from? I'm not quite sure where to look nor how far that budget will go because I use a different currency in the USA.

Until I see a link to get an understanding of what to look for, I can say that a Radeon 7870 is pretty much the farthest that I'd go for in graphics considering your CPU.

Noodl

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
It's not the motherboard the GPU needs to compatible with, since most GPU's run on PCI-E x16 lanes, which pretty much all motherboards have.
What you need to be aware of is that wattage and specs of your Power Supply (PSU) because most GPU's need extra power which is drawn from the PSU through PCI-E power slots, now if the PSU doesn't have those, then you are severely limited in what you can buy without upgrading the PSU as well.

Now then, for that budget, you won't be getting anything high quality, without knowing the specs of your PSU then I can only recommend something that doesn't need help from it. It would also be nice to know what kind of games you'd like to play with it. (If it's gaming you want it for that is).

For RS. 8064 you could buy a Radeon HD 7750 which is quite capable, just don't expect BF3 or whatever on max settings.
For RS. 2000/3000 you could buy a Radeon HD 4350, which is on the lower end of the market but is rather cheap and can play quite a lot games, but not on max settings or on very high resolutions.

argha

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
i will also buy a PSU according to my card but first i want to buy a card with in this budget i want to buy it to play only DOTA 2 and WOW(World of Warcraft) dont need high Graphix bt it shld be moderate.

I don't think that I can recommend a cheaper graphics card than a Radeon 6450 and even that is hard to recommend because of how low end it is. I wouldn't like anything below a Radeon 5550 or 6570 unless they absolutely can't fit into this budget. At about $90-100, then are there any Radeon 7750s or 6770/5770s available at OP's, or is there a huge tax that I'm missing?

Also, like Noodl said, it'd be a good idea to make sure that the PSU can handle a graphics upgrade. Looking at the sticker on the side of the PSU should give you some important info and if you could post a picture of it, that'd be great, but if not, then just type in all of the info on the sticker regarding maximum amperage on the different voltage rails and the PSU's brand name.

Radeon 5700, 6700, and 7700 cards aren't high end. They are the top of the low end cards. The Radeon 5550 and 6570 are some of the weaker low-end cards. If you give me a link to a site where you shop from, I can give recommendations for graphics cards within your budgets and what sort of PSU is needed for them.

Yes, it would. It would need to be an ancient board from like 2005 or earlier to not support them. Some PCIe 1.0 boards have trouble with PCIe 2.1 graphics cards, so if your board uses PCIe 1.0, we could simply use a PCIe 2.0 or a PCIe 3.0 card. Heck, we could use a PCIe 2.0 or 3.0 card anyway just to be sure. There are PCIe 2.0 versions of the Radeon 5000 and 6000 cards and the Radeon 7000 cards are all PCIe 3.0 if they are a Radeon 7750 or better.

argha

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
August26201202
does my mother board will support this cards??