What GTX 670 should I go for?

DrHyde

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
So i am looking into the GTX 670 and there are just so many to choose from. What make should i go for? Are they all the same card cause i cant see much difference between each make. Asus , G-force, eVGA, Gigabite, ZOTAC HELP!

Thanks

They are all based on the same nvidia chip.
Some will have factory overclocks.
Some will have more vram, but that has a minimal performance impact.
Some will have fancy oem coolers which the GTX670 does not really need because it runs cool anyway.
There will be a difference in warranties and support.
By and large, you get what you pay for.
Buy your favorite brand and don't anguish over minor differences.

As a Brand, I like EVGA. They have a good support in the US and an active user forum.
They have offerings with direct exhaust type coolers which I like better also.

DrHyde

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012

Well thanks for that it helped alot. Interms of the card do you think this card will be able to play the next generation of games to come? My last rig lasted me for 5 years.

I view the GTX670 as the best value in high end graphics for the gamer with a single monitor.
A GTX670 will play any game very well on a single monitor.
Yes, you can get better performance or more eye candy with a GTX680, or sli, but you do so at diminishing returns per dollar.

That said, the next generation of cards will show up next year, and offer even better performance at a more attractive price.
If you should ever need more, be prepared to sell your current card in favor of the next best thing.

I don't think game developers will make a high end graphics card a requirement for future games. They want the widest possible market.

The GTX 670 is a fantastic card without a doubt, it will play any game at 60fps today(without super sampling and AA maxed) at 1080p. At times it may dip below 60fps without a doubt, like any card will when things are really intense on screen.

Some games may be poorly optimized and not run very well though, but this card is nothing short of an excellent value for a single monitor at 1080, maybe even 1440p.

What you may want to consider is the following two options:

* Selling the GTX 670 on eBay in two years for a new card(so your paying 50% less on a new card minimum.

* Buying a second GTX 670 in a year or two for SLI when newer games are out.(This should give you another three years of high performance.

I have an ASUS GTX 670, ASUS has great warranties and customer support too. I am going to buy a second next year for SLI. The ASUS card idles about 30-36C depending on ambient temperature and 71-72c max during intensive game play; I have no manually overclocked it myself yet. This card does put off a ton of heat too, when I'm playing games, my ambient around me literally rises about 10c over an hour, lot of heat was rising from the top of my case.

In conclusion, the GTX 670 will last you 4 years easy by itself before you must to start playing on medium settings.