Opinion in my almost finished gaming rig

1234Skullhead1

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
Finally i finished my build but is it good.
Here are my questions
1)Is the PSU enough?
2)Can i run Bf3 on ultra?
3)And last bu not least your opinion on the rig

CPU
Intel Core Ivy Bridge i5 3570k (3.4GHz)
CPU COOLER
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
MOBO
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Intel Motherboard ATX
RAM
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
STORAGE
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
SSD
Do i really need an SSD. It would be nice to make in go faser but i don't mind the diffrence. I could use a 60GB SSD s a boot drive for windows 7.
If yes could you tell me a good 60GB ssd for more or less 70$ (or less)
VIDEO CARD
MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card (Power Edition Overclocked)
CASE
Corsair 650d ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU
SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
OPTICAL DRIVE
Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
MONITOR
Acer S220hQLAbd 21.5" Monitor
OS
Windows 7 Home Preium 64-Bit Edition
Mouse
Logitech G300 Wired Optical Mouse
KEYBOARD
Lote-On SK-1788/BS Wired Standard Keyboard

Thank you and please could i have your opinion

Solution
1) Yes, your PSU is more than enough. Also it's a nice PSU, good pick.
2) Yes, you may have to do a custom Ultra where you turn the AA down a little bit but it will run smooth at 60+ FPS.
3) I like your system, I think it was well thought out. You don't really need an SSD but they are nice. Get all this stuff now and keep an eye out for Crucial M4 and Samsung 840 64GBs to go on sale for around $70. There are some other good SSDs out there too just look for specials. Get the low profile version of the Corsair vengeance. Sometimes you can run into issues with large CPU coolers like the Hyper 212 and tall heatsinked RAM.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233359&name=Desktop-Memory

Theres an example, it's blue...

emperor piehead

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
yes you have a good system that can play battlefield 3 ultra at 1080p. You have enough power you just can't sli or do some heavy overclock. For an ssd mushkin have good 60gb ssd and i would say getting a gaming keyboard might be better its upto you i have a logitech g110 that is good and is only $50

1) Yes, your PSU is more than enough. Also it's a nice PSU, good pick.
2) Yes, you may have to do a custom Ultra where you turn the AA down a little bit but it will run smooth at 60+ FPS.
3) I like your system, I think it was well thought out. You don't really need an SSD but they are nice. Get all this stuff now and keep an eye out for Crucial M4 and Samsung 840 64GBs to go on sale for around $70. There are some other good SSDs out there too just look for specials. Get the low profile version of the Corsair vengeance. Sometimes you can run into issues with large CPU coolers like the Hyper 212 and tall heatsinked RAM.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233359&name=Desktop-Memory

Theres an example, it's blue though. Not sure what your color scheme is or if you even care but you don't need large heatsinks on RAM and they cause more problems than they solve.

All and all, good work! I think you will very much enjoy your new system.

Solution
Actually, there isn't anything I can really say bad about your selections. They all look good to me. The monitor is kinda of a gray area, everyone will have different opinion. Most LCDs have half way decent response times now so almost any display can be used for gaming.

Your PSU is perfect for your system. SeaSonic makes some of the best units.

Can you play BF3 on Ultra? I would say it depends. If you turn AA off, yes. You will at least be able to play High on everything with Detail on Ultra. It will also depend on your resolution. But you will be able to play it at a setting that looks VERY good.

As far as SSD's go. I will say this. I put off buying one for well over a year and just upgraded to an Intel 330 240GB SSD and upgraded from Vista to 7, because of TRIM support. I don't think I'd want to go back. Just the general use of your PC is much more pleasant. Lower boot times and game loads. It's just more enjoyable. My suggestion though is get a 120GB drive or more. 60GB will be enough for your OS and maybe one or two games. 120 will give you room for several games. It's only $20-$40 more than a 60GB drive and you will kick yourself for it if you do not.

I am a fan of the Intel drives, I would say Samsung is a close second. Others will argue other brands because of performance, but real world performance it's going to be that far off. Look for deals. I got $60 off mine and see deals every day on 120GB drives.

TRENDING THREADS