Sign in with
Your question

Extremely laggy mouse in new system

Last response: in Systems
October 20, 2012 8:55:43 PM

I have found this new site :)  so this will be my first "Problem" post.

I have made a new system and this was my very first PC that I build entirely on my own.

My setup:

*Asrock Z77 Pro3
*i5 2500k (not overclocked stock cooler)
*Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 OC 2GB
*8gb Kingston ram
*128gb SSD + 500GB HDD
*Antec One Case
*OCZ ModxStream 600 watt
*optical dvd drive ^%#$ ^_^

Everything works fine and i was glad to see that everything worked when i first booted the PC. Now i have Windows installed and usually i work with a Wireless mouse. Now here comes the strange part. This mouse works on other pc's just fine with gaming. But with this new build, it works.. but when i am at fullscreen with youtube video, or playing battlefield 3 (this is were i first found it out) it will skip alot. and it gets really laggy. While i know on another older build it will just work fine with BF3 and youtube videos. I did not test this on anything else anyways..

Is there anyway how i can fix this? I really felt crazy when it also happend to a youtube video :ouch: 
October 20, 2012 9:10:46 PM

Welcome to the forums :) 

Please watch the language.

Did you use the disk that came with the motherboard to install ALL of the drivers? Windows does not always supply all the needed drivers for a new system. Especially USB drivers.

Also, please use Real Temp to monitor your CPU temperatures to make sure your CPU is not overheating.
October 20, 2012 9:22:28 PM

wireless mouse is proprietary. need to install drivers for mouse from disc that came with it or from the manufacturers site.

also...... control panel/mouse.......... look at cursor settings ( speed )
Related resources
October 20, 2012 10:06:47 PM

Proximon said:
Welcome to the forums :) 

Please watch the language.

Did you use the disk that came with the motherboard to install ALL of the drivers? Windows does not always supply all the needed drivers for a new system. Especially USB drivers.

Also, please use Real Temp to monitor your CPU temperatures to make sure your CPU is not overheating.

Sorry for my Language ;) 

I have installed all drivers from the disc that came with the motherboard just to make sure. I already had drivers from the internet, and i think they are newer then on my disc :D . After i had this problem i also updated my BIOS to newest version but no difference. My mouse is the Logitech M505. My CPU is idling at 35C and when i play battlefield it gets around 55C.

Stress testing my cpu will get it to around 70's :o 

I really dont know what i should do right now.. Any help? :whistle: 

ps: there are no drivers for the m505 :)  it was plug N Play and has always worked on any PC. the software available for it is well, rather annoying. It does not do anything with drivers, you can just configure your buttons :D 

EDIT: I forget to say something very important.. I have installed Intel Rapid Storage accidentaly and now in my taskbar it shows a icon of intel rapid storage with a Green thingy that will probably say its enabled.. I dont want this because i dont like many writes on my SSD. How do i disable this? O_O i can't see were to put caching off or remove the intel rapid storage. My BIOS is still in AHCI mode anyways. But i dont like the idea its on my system..
October 20, 2012 11:40:05 PM

As i have been saying, well i just installed the software, but it does not load any drivers :)  i have installed it and still have the same problem :(  i tried lowering battlefield 3 to low (what should not be normal for a 7870 OC.) but that still did not do anything. :/  i have installed the intel usb drivers,

Does this mean i have a big problem now.. ? :( 
October 20, 2012 11:44:19 PM

wireless............. does that mean batteries ?
October 21, 2012 12:01:35 AM

Yes, i have batteries, but it has a nice indicator, and it works just fine on my other pc. And it shows a green light of full battery.

I really hope i will find the problem :o 
October 21, 2012 12:46:04 AM

Try every USB port.

How about video drivers?
October 21, 2012 12:51:30 AM

Have tried hooking it up to a different USB port?
October 21, 2012 1:14:54 AM

signal isn't being blocked ?
October 21, 2012 11:16:40 AM

Right now i have tried multiple USB ports. the two usb 3.0 ports on the front are probably the best but still laggs. I have made a picture for you guys to see how it is set up.. If i put it in the usb ports behind the PC it will get real laggy. Doesnt matter if its in a usb 2.0 or 3.0 port.

http://imgur.com/uk4tG

As you can see nothing blocks the reciever.. :)  its about 0,75 cm distance while logitech sais it could easily reach 10m. Well good try Logitech! :o 

Any things i could try left?
October 21, 2012 5:33:27 PM

turn the case so it's pointed directly at the mouse............ second option to see if mouse can be thrown through a wall.
October 21, 2012 9:08:09 PM

But it works in another PC.

Seems like your USB ports are under powered.
October 21, 2012 9:57:02 PM

Proximon said:
But it works in another PC.

Seems like your USB ports are under powered.

disconnect any other usb devices other than the mouse and see if that changes anything.
October 23, 2012 3:58:37 PM

Because of some circumstances i cant get on this system till monday. Then i will try these new things ;) 
!