Games stop responding

jnkredsox

Honorable
Oct 20, 2012
hello,
well i build my computer about in august and it was working great up until earlier this month, none of my games want to respond. They always load up to the menu screen then they freeze and stop responding, all of the games are updated to their latest update and that hasn't fixed anything. Anyone have any ideas on what it could be or what i could do to fix it?

my specs:
AMD Phenom ll x4 965
gigabyte GA-970A-D3
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870
crucial 8 MB RAM
Windows 7 64 bit

any help would be appreciated

D

Deleted member 217926

Power supply make and model?

Have you run Memtest to check your RAM? 8 to 10 hours to be sure with 8GB. Any errors at all even 1 is a problem.

http://www.memtest.org/

Got the latest drivers for everything? Video card and motherboard? AMD website for video drivers and the Gigabyte website for updated motherboard drivers.

jnkredsox

Honorable
Oct 20, 2012
well the games i play are
Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Guild Wars 2
Planet Side 2
ravaged
The secret world

all of those games( those are the only ones i own) boot me back to the desktop right when they hit the menu screen because they stop responding

Okay, could one of several things, but start by making sure all your fans are working, case is staying cool, GPU, CPU, fans etc. Make sure no dust build up on fans or heatsinks, inside the video card. Try pulling 1 stick of memory at a time, try launching the games and running them with only 1 stick of memory, then try the other stick by itself, to rule out memory errors.
What is your PSU situation? Sometimes a failing PSU will rear its ugly head when demand is placed, like launching a game.