Your question

Need Help with My HDMI..

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • HDMI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
August 26, 2012 1:36:58 AM

Hello all, I used to own a Radeon 6770. One day about a week ago, the HDMI stopped working. The VGA worked so I used that and in my troubleshooting I realized that I could get sound out of the HDMI but not video. I thought it was the video card so I purchased a 7770. The problem is that I'm having the EXACT same issue. I didn't install anything or do anything else that could've messed with the system. Please help; thanks!

More about : hdmi

August 26, 2012 3:45:51 AM

arizero said:
Hello all, I used to own a Radeon 6770. One day about a week ago, the HDMI stopped working. The VGA worked so I used that and in my troubleshooting I realized that I could get sound out of the HDMI but not video. I thought it was the video card so I purchased a 7770. The problem is that I'm having the EXACT same issue. I didn't install anything or do anything else that could've messed with the system. Please help; thanks!

It could be the cord that you are using. Check the cord by using it on a different device and on a different screen.
m
l
August 26, 2012 2:54:30 PM

I don't have another monitor with an HDMI port but I did swap cords and it didn't seem to work. The monitor is only about 6 months old; could it really be the monitor you think? Any other ideas?
m
l