Cheap build with a GTX 580

geniusgizmo1

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Hi,

Built my first PC a couple of years ago(didnt have a clue what I was doing). Over the last couple of years Ive been swapping out parts as I learnt more and realised what I actually wanted. I now have enough spare parts to actually build another PC!

All i need to add is a CPU and Ram

Spare parts...

Asus P8Z68-V Motherboard
Nvidia GTX580
Corsair Silent Pro Gold 1200w
250gb Hard drive
Corsair 800D

I dont really want to shell out for another expensive processor so have been looking at cheap alternatives such as this...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Celeron-Dual-Core-Processor-Socket/dp/B005KIWT2O

Would doing so create a serious bottleneck in my system? Could anyone please recommend a cheap processor which would be good for gaming and day to day tasks

Thanks

You have a high end mobo, high end GPU, very high end PSU, and one of the most expensive cases out there, and you wanna shot for a Celeron? This build is already a very high end build once equipped with such a PSU and GPU.

1200W is overkill for your needs, grab another GTX 580 and put in 2500K or 3570K.

geniusgizmo1

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Lol!!, when you put it that way, it does seem really stupid. Thought there may be a cheaper alternative than an i5 or i7 which would do the job 'reasonably'. This wont be my main gaming rig, i used to have gtx 580's in sli but one is now dead and ive broken the second pcie slot on the motherboard(watercooling experiment gone wrong). Might just go for an i5 then