What do you think of this psu?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Powercool-Modular-750W-Dual-Efficiency/dp/B00647H6Y6/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1362404485&sr=1-1

i dob't mind buying a corsair, but this one is cheaper. if it works well, i'll get it. if not i'll get the corsair one
17 answers Last reply
More about what
  1. It's not very good no. If you list your specs and budget people can suggest an alternative.
    Also, if you specifically want a modular PSU that will force your budget up a lot. Assuming you actually need a 750W PSU, and you do want modular cables, you are looking at around £80+
  2. I would not recommend that PSU. Dodgy brand and I don't want to be blamed for you blowing up your system.
  3. Mate, the PSU is the ENGINE of your PC. Its what makes the eletricity of your wall go the way it should into your PC.

If you save there, you might lose all your PC.
    So no, i do not recommend you buy that PSU.
  4. I was about to buy the 450w version of the same brand cause i was lack on funds. But thankfully i was able to get one from dabs with free delivery. They have some kind of brand event going on check it out
  5. haider95 said:
    I was about to buy the 450w version of the same brand cause i was lack on funds. But thankfully i was able to get one from dabs with free delivery. They have some kind of brand event going on check it out

I fear for your PC.
  6. Omg how did i forget to mention that i went with the CX430 from corsir -.-

http://www.dabs.com/products/corsair-430w-builder-series-cx-80--bronze-atx-power-supply-8BV9.html?src=2

here it is
  7. haider95 said:
    Omg how did i forget to mention that i went with the CX430 from corsir -.-

http://www.dabs.com/products/corsair-430w-builder-series-cx-80--bronze-atx-power-supply-8BV9.html?src=2

here it is

Wise choice!
  8. Agreed. It's a good PSU.
  9. What's the difference between the builder series and the enthusiastic series from corsair?
  10. Enderegg said:
    What's the difference between the builder series and the enthusiastic series from corsair?

Hi - Builder series is the budget/opening price point series, and Corsair
    has some decent budget PSU's. The Enthusiast series is a step up
    in quality from budget. Interior psu components are upgraded, along
    with tighter tolerances, and increased QC. These usually also
    result(not always) in better warranty.

I personally would recommend stepping up from budget series if
    your funds allow you to do so.
  11. And about the gaming series?
  12. Enderegg said:
    And about the gaming series?

I would put the gaming series between the budget and enthusiast series on
    Corsair's lines. However, other mfg's might differ. The "gaming series" of
    PSU's is not well defined.
    But, with say Antec's High Current Gamer series PSU's they are probably equal to
    an enthusiast grade PSU.
  13. Corsair's gaming series(GS) is pretty average, very similar to the CX. Same OEM, same 80Plus Bronze rating (if comparing the latest versions), same warranty. GS gets you a slightly prettier box and multicoloured mood lighting to really impress the ladies.

VS - Entry level box, 3year warranty, 220-240V supply only (so not sold for example in the USA)
    CX - Standard basic PSU, 80Plus Bronze, 3 year warranty, very well priced in the US.
    CX(M) - As above but with semi modular cables
    GS - Similar to CX but with improved aesthetics, higher wattages available, 80Plus Bronze, 3 year warranty
    TX - Mid range, 80Plus Bronze, 5 year warranty
    TX(M) - As above but with semi modular cables
    HX - Semi modular, 80Plus Gold, 7 year warranty
    AX - Fully modular, 80Plus Platinum, 7 year warranty
    AXi - As above but with digital control.

Further complicating matters, they use different OEMs even within the same range and the data above is only valid for the latest versions, so its not always easy to ensure you know 100%.

As you haven't actually stated your system specs it's hard to tell if you actually need a 750W PSU. Nothing Corsair make is junk really, but it's quite possible that at your budget there are better options such as the XFX Core or Antec HCG ranges.
  14. I want a 750w so later I can sli or buy a heavy gpu
    I'm not sure what to buy, but it may be a 8320 or a 4gen Intel i5 (the equivalent to 3570 no k)
    The gpu will be a gtx660 or, 700,same price range. I will buy on the end of June but I want to know more before doing some mistake
  15. A 750W PSU is good for running something like two HD7950 or GTX670s.
    You can run (basically) any single GPU card (up to HD7970/GTX680) on a 550W PSU.
    If you are considering going mid-range SLI/Crossfire, then you need around 600W for 2 way with HD7870/GTX660.
    You can scale that up if you feel you need to of course, but it's worth considering that the general trend with both CPU and Graphics power requirements is downwards so going way over on the logic it might be useful in the future isn't necessarily sensible.

Suitable PSUs for your needs probably start with the CX600M for around £55 which is quite close to your original selection, and actually offers a very similar "real" power output to that Powercool one (around 550-575W of 12V power).
    If you want to spend more, there are some nice options
    Antec HCG 620-M ~£67
    XFX Pro XXX 650 ~£75
    Corsair TX650M ~£77
    All of those have more 12V power than the 750W Powercool and are likely more than sufficient for any setup you decide on.

If you do change your mind and want to go for a single high end card (say a GTX670 or something) and want to allow for the possibility of SLI for that, then you might want a bit more juice.
  16. Rammy said:
    A 750W PSU is good for running something like two HD7950 or GTX670s.
    You can run (basically) any single GPU card (up to HD7970/GTX680) on a 550W PSU.
    If you are considering going mid-range SLI/Crossfire, then you need around 600W for 2 way with HD7870/GTX660.
    You can scale that up if you feel you need to of course, but it's worth considering that the general trend with both CPU and Graphics power requirements is downwards so going way over on the logic it might be useful in the future isn't necessarily sensible.

Suitable PSUs for your needs probably start with the CX600M for around £55 which is quite close to your original selection, and actually offers a very similar "real" power output to that Powercool one (around 550-575W of 12V power).
    If you want to spend more, there are some nice options
    Antec HCG 620-M ~£67
    XFX Pro XXX 650 ~£75
    Corsair TX650M ~£77
    All of those have more 12V power than the 750W Powercool and are likely more than sufficient for any setup you decide on.

If you do change your mind and want to go for a single high end card (say a GTX670 or something) and want to allow for the possibility of SLI for that, then you might want a bit more juice.

going to a gtx670 is out of my budget. and 2? only in my dreams... sadly..
    but i think i'll go to the cx750m. as is affordable and good enough for me. in the future i may or not get a better one, but only if that one burns or i need more POWER!

thank you so much. you were really helpful :D
  17. hehe power. give me more POWER
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Corsair Components