What is the Smallest Possible Micro ATX Case?

haziz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
What is the smallest possible off the shelf Micro ATX case? The ability to install a 3.5 inch HD is important but I do not intend to install an optical drive and don't need the slot. A fairly thorough search leads mostly to fairly large cases which defeats the purpose of a relatively small motherboard. For reference I would regard this case as still too big.

I intend to use the AMD A10 stock cooler and will not over clock and will use the onboard GPU for graphics and will not install a separate graphics card.

tassietim

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
A Silverstone ML03 Black Slim HTPC Case was the smallest htpc I've used for my setups but that's not far off in size then that Roswill one
unless u going for itx not much smaller i can think of
i did make a friend up a mini itx pc using the Antec ISK110 VESA Mini-ITX
but unless u going for 3.5 inch drives that's out

possible use an CoolerMaster Elite 100

whats the 3.5 for ? storage capacity

quick look on ebay found this , but then again need itx or dtx board
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-e-Mini-E2010-Slim-PC-Case-Micro-ATX-Mini-ITX-120W-PSU-/120969651409?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopComponents_RL&hash=item1c2a5a64d1

xichael

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
The smallest I've found is the iStarUSA S-0212-DT:

VXkBoEh.jpg

Quite a brilliant little design. Most compact chassis waste space using an internal PSU, but this case has a little 120w board mounted at one end and an external laptop-style power brick (like the PicoPSU).

I'm building a system in one of these soon. We'll see how it goes. I have high hopes for this case.

xichael

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
This actually does take micro-ATX boards, provided they're under 200mm x 245mm. I ended up getting this case, and it's pretty great. It's definitely the most compact mATX case out there. I posted some photos here.

By the way, the PSU has no problem powering a HD 7750 or 750 Ti, provided you have a 65w TDP CPU (i3 and down). I had one plugged into it for awhile using a PCIe extension cable routed to the outside of the case.

You can install one into the slot if it's low profile (for PSU board clearance). Also, depending on the GPU heatsink/fan hight, you'd probably need to use an ITX board (since it's mounted facing downward), and you'll need a 27mm tall PCIe riser card (like the Logic Supply PCIX-1A or StarTech PEX16RISER).

It's a shame iStarUSA no longer sells this through Newegg and Amazon. You now have to buy it directly from them.