Is an AMD FX 4170 and a GeForce GTX 560 SSC bottlenecking?

Wolverine Gamer

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
Hey there fellow computer geeks. As the title reads, I want to know if this setup would be considered balanced for a gaming setup. An AMD FX 4170 Quad-Core 4.2GHz Processor, and an EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 560 DS SSC Edition Graphics Card. I haven't bought the components yet. And before any Intel fanboys start blasting me with hate for going with a AMD CPU, don't. Annother thing (OFF TOPIC) Is there a way to tell if a motherboard is DOA before installing components on it? The reason is becuase the motherboard I want has a huge offer going where I get 8 GB of RAM if I buy it now (NewEgg). Thanks in advance for your input and advice.

Wolverine Gamer

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
Thanks everyone for your replies. I just checked like 3 sites for the Phenom 2, didnt see any sales. Where did you see the sales? I'm asking because, for the same price as the Phenom 2 and a Hyper 212+ or the EVO, I could get the 4170 and have the factory clock of 4.2 GHz. I don't have the slightest clu as to how overclocking is done. I know my processor would probably melt if I did. Even if I had one of the best heatsinks on the market. A factory clock of 3.4 isn't bad though. I'm looking for saving money anywhere I can. Also, about the motherboard. I don't mean check to see if its dead before I've even bought it. I meant to see if you can check when it comes in. Like is there anything I can hook it up to?