Solved

Dell inspiron graphics upgrade?

Hello, i have a dell inspiron 1545 wiht integrated intel graphics and ive heard that there is an express slot for a possible graphics upgradr to an ati 4330? i was wondering if it was possible to upgrade my integrated graphics with the express slot? Thanks much!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about dell inspiron graphics upgrade
  1. Best answer
    That sort of upgrade is not possible for your model. Sorry.
  2. Best answer selected by stmaki16.
  3. Thanks for your response! im getting my brothers laptop that is the same one im using right now but a faster cpu and im going to upgrade the ram but was hoping to upgrade graphics possibly but i guess not...
  4. You can't upgrade it.
  5. yup
  6. He is right, I looked it up. You are pretty much stuck with what you got. The slot you are thinking of is a mini half port slot, which is usually used for a pci-e wifi card.

All you can really do to improve performance is possible install more ram. if possible. Also, you can install an Solid State Card, but its not really a gaming laptop.

Good luck
  7. i do moderate and light gaming with this intel card and i can play left 4 dead and call of duty 4 with 40 fps si thats good enough for me and yes i actually already bought more ram...it originally had 4 but i got 8gb, thanks for your feedbaack!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Dell Inspiron Graphics