CPU: i3-3220 $130
Mobo: asrock z77 pro3 $95
Psu: 600w coolmaxzx series zx-600 $45
Case: cm storm enforcer $51
Optical drive: Samsung DVD burner 24x DVD sata model $16
Also is the optical drive a must have on a pc? I never use it anyways

mubin

Distinguished
Depends on what resolution you play, what setting and what games. But its good.

You can save some money by choosing H77 instead of z77. As you are using i3, no need to use z77. Its for overclocking and for multi-gpu supports.

mcclellan_d

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
ok so ill address the CD drive first. Sure you could do digi downloads of your OS and all your drivers are online so yes you could go drive-less but I would not recomend it.

first a run down of how I birth a new or adapt an old pc : Cd install OS, CD install Norton anti-virus, Install FireFox, Install newest Drivers online via net, then backup/image system, and done.

I asume this is some what how most people do it or a vairation of it. Ok so risks of no cd/dvd

A. no cd/dvd drive so id have no anti-virus off the bat (win OS *** does not count) and would mean id have to go on the net to download it and all my drivers with out a rubber. Sure there safe sites but why risk a rig at all.

B. I'm a gamer I got a *** ton o games and some are old and need a disk drive.

C. There like 16 $$$ or a little more. Got old CD's i do, buy that ***....

OK NEXT! There was no post of a budget so i guess you can spend a little more but if not that's cool let us know. Its always good to post a limit.

Anyway so one gamer/PC builder to another if you got the extra cash, future proof your self. Not ballz to the wallz just so you dont have to buy all new parts in a year or two.

CPU: i-3 is getting pretty old tho still valid if ur gaming older stuff. I-5 is perfect for PC gaming and there not that pricy. (i got a i5-3570K my self and that's top shelf of gaming cpu's in the i-5's) IDK if you know but I-7 is really only for higher overclocker scores and hyperthreading and as of 2012 not a major role in games at all.

GPU: the GTX 650 ti is a really good card for the price, but i recomend the GTX 670 if you buy it. There's no reason to go above this unless ur doing some hard core rendering. also the ATI one is meh then again i dont like ATI so...yea...

PSU: 600 is cool for non overclocked but you might want a little more in case you do and for a future cards and maby even SLI/crossfire in the future (future being like 2-3 years or so)

MOBO: all about what you want to do with the pc in terms of how many GPU's, RAM slots, PCI ports, HDMI/DVI to connect to a HD TV and all that. If you get a good mobo u most likely wont have to get a new one for at least 3+ years. You got to spend $$$ to save $$$ unless your on a budget.

Tower/Case: not a bad pick might need to a a fan or two but then again im a full tower kind of guy.

hope this helps

neckneck

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012

ok so my budget is 400-500 dollars. my games i wanted to play ar bf3 mw2 minecraft etc. the resolution i want is just anything higher than 1366x786 but not an overkill. i do still need to buy a monitor so i need to keep that in mind while buying my parts. i do not intend any overclocking at all. also i dot not intend sli/corssfire. the highest graphical instensive game i will play is probably bf3 and i want to play it at maybe ultra/high settings at playable frame rates. i heard instead of an i3 i could save a few bucks by using a pentium ivy bridge and than upgrading to an i5 ivy bridge later. also i only want at most 8 gigs of ddr3 ram. also this is my first ever build so im kinda nooby at this :p