Sign in with
Your question

Building comp, have a major question

Last response: in Systems
October 21, 2012 7:28:58 AM

This is what i am making

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kJX3

the cpu cooler will be that noctua (if it goes back on sale) or hyper 212 evo

Now, my major question. How do you get sponsorships?
Even small things at first are great.
Is this build a good start for a small sponsorship?
Any ideas?

I have/ordered all the parts, except for the cooler
October 21, 2012 7:40:34 AM

I'm lost here. What are you asking for? What do you mean by sponsorships? I'm sorta confused here.
m
l
October 21, 2012 7:44:51 AM

... yuou know on things like nascar when they have adds on their cars? its like that, not as extreme... and they will send you parts
m
l
Related resources
October 21, 2012 7:55:38 AM

If you want to get sponsored by those companies, you have a big task on your hand. Most people get sponsored by being on competitive gaming teams or being some world-renowned overclocker, not just a average Joe.
m
l
October 21, 2012 8:03:44 AM

ok... i think i have a skill that might get me known. will show it off after this computer build
m
l
a c 115 à CPUs
October 21, 2012 8:04:49 AM

If you want to be sponsored like that, you need to be visible.
ASUS wont pay you $1000 to have their logo on the machine if no one see's it.

If your a competitive gamer, then maybe you can get a sponsorship since you (and your rig) will be seen at events.
If your a case modder (or outright builder), again because good case mods draw a lot of attention (look up the L3P d3sk for an example).
Or if you can make Machinima to a very high standard (Think Yogscast), then you may be able to draw attention.

If you plan to do none of these things, I highly doubt any big name will support you.

Also what are you using the rig for? From the looks of its an editing rig with a moderate gaming capability. If its pure gaming, you invested too much in the CPU, RAM and way too much in the PSU, which has detracted from what is important in the GPU.
Dont think you will get much sponsorship for an editing rig, not as glamorous as gaming.
m
l
October 21, 2012 8:05:06 AM

Well the best of luck to ya.
m
l
October 21, 2012 8:13:15 AM

alright... i am going to try to join machinima. this is only the beginning. this is an editing build for now. over time with next gen parts coming out, will make an awesome all around build. and again, my special skill might get me known in the gaming community
m
l
!