[Graphics Cards] DDR3 graphic cards on DDR2 Motherboard?

MrDanio

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
I'm using a very old computer and thinking to upgrade the Graphics Cards. I'm currently using a DDR2 Motherboard with NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 graphics card. Is there any compatible graphic card that I can swap with the old one? By the way, the PC is Acer eMachines model ET1331. :D

arzbhatia

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2012
Yup it'll work. But, the performance may bottleneck so don't waste your money buying a high-end graphic card. Get the GTX 550 Ti. I use that on my old PC (C2D 2.33Ghz, Intel DG33fb DDR2 mobo) and it works great! You won't need anything else. :)

mohit9206

Distinguished
well please dont go for hd7000 series graphic card from amd.. there is no guarantee it would work on your older pcie 1.1 .. amd has altered their power delivery system for hd7000 series card so that they consume less power but in turn sacrificing compatibility with pcie 1.1 and 2.0. ok with now that being said you havent specificed what games you wanna play and at what resolution.. please specify that first then we can recommend you some cards

ok this is the link if you guys dont believe me about hd7000 series cards not working in older pcie 1.1 and 2.0 based mobos
http://www.overclock.net/a/the-final-answer-to-the-controversial-pcie-x16-version-compatibility?utm_campaign=subscription&utm_source=subscription_immediate&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email

ok as far ddr3 graphics card is concerned yes it will work in your pc ..even ddr5 will work.. coz ddr3 and ddr5 of graphics cards is different and has nothing to do with the ram type :hello:

MrDanio

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
A

Upgrade because i wanna play Battlefield 3 smoothly and the resolution? umm HD? ._. At least the graphic card can handle BF3 very smooth with High graphic. :)

MrDanio

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012

GTX? The price are bit expensive for me :/. Other graphic card that are cheaper than GTX?