My build

lorgox

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
Hi I have made a list of the components I know I want so far. Can you please help me select a graphics card and RAM?

The pc will be for gaming as well as my main pc. Games I plan to play: sky rim, FSX, border lands2. I will be playing them on a 1080p monitor.

Also will be using for photo editing, watching movies, word processing, web, and I am an audiophile.
also, when I am at home, I may once in a while connect it to a 40 inch samsung LED 1080p tv.

Im using a pretty large cpu cooler. Not all RAM will fit under it. you can see which ones will here: http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_ram_gen&products_id=34

for the graphics card, I know do not want (and I don't think I need for what I am doing) to spend over $500. I would like an EVGA card, because I have read and heard that their customer service is the best.

I plan to over clock the CPU, but not crazy.

Thanks!!! :D

lorgox

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
Ok thanks so much for your help! Looks like this will cost a lot less than the $3k i had set aside! Do you have any mid tower case recommendations. I am currently looking between corsair 650d and 600t, nzxt phantom 410. Size and weight are important, because Im moving this to college and back 6 more times. Once I figure out a case, I can decide if I need to replace or add fans.