Sign in with
Your question

What could be causing a bottleneck?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a c 106 U Graphics card
August 26, 2012 6:31:01 AM

im going to assume that the game isnt built readily for sli.

More about : causing bottleneck

August 26, 2012 6:31:11 AM

Greetings! I think I'm running into an issue with bottlenecking when playing games on my PC. I've been trying to fine tune everything, but games like Sleeping Dogs and Dark Souls are running pretty bad. Here's my setup:

i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
GTX 690
Asus Sabertooth P67 mobo
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4GB x4)
Adata S510 120GB (OS)
OCZ Agility 3 120GB (for games)
Corsair HX Series HX1050 1050W

I honestly don't feel like I'm getting the full power from the 690. Could it be the mobo's PCI slots?
m
l
a c 175 U Graphics card
August 26, 2012 6:38:03 AM

Also hard to answer if we don't know what frames you are getting and at what settings. Even with a 690 there are some games that you can't run at 1080 with maxed out details and 8xAA.

Edit: And get 60FPS.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 26, 2012 6:43:34 AM

what do you mean by running pretty bad ? what fps are you getting at what settings.. did you previously have an amd card.. in that case did you completely clean the amd drivers before installing the nvidida drivers ? sometimes previous drivers conflict with current drivers resulting in poor performance
m
l
August 26, 2012 6:51:25 AM

This is a fresh install of the OS and drivers, so there wouldn't be any conflicting amd/nvidia drivers. On the sleeping dogs benchmark, I'm getting an average FPS of 45, with a low of 27. In Dark Souls, I'm getting 20 flat(the game caps at 30, but running at 20 on a 3 or 4 year old game just makes me sad).

These two games in specific are doing some damage to my frames persecond. The only other games I've tried aren't graphically intensive, like Skyrim and Fallout 3. I was just wondering if there was a glaring issue I'm over looking, or if theres something in the Nvidia Control Panel I should check out.
m
l
!