Using 3 internal modems

On XP pro i have 3 internal modems that i want to use
with a specific fax program that allows for up to 4
modems. The fax program can't autodetect one of the
modems and when i do a test on the modem in devices it
says, "The port that the modem is attached to could not
be opened. This may be the result of a hardware
conflict." I looked at the IRQ setting which is 11, and
one of the modems is 5, and the other modem is 11 also. I
disabled Com 1 in the Bios in order to free up IRQ 3 and
4, but that did not work even after i reinstalled the
modem. Switching ports in device manager also did not
work.

Move the modem to a different slot on your system board. There are only so
many irq's available and some slots share and modems don't like to share
irq's.

JoBo