studmatty

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
Ok so im wanting to build a pc that i can play with games like Skyrim and flight simulators, i am on a budget and would like to save some cash so i could also buy a new mouse/keyboard and monitor. I would not like to compromise to much on the graphics or performance if possible.

This is what i have so far but if you could suggest anything better, bank for buck or ways i could save some money that would be grate. Im not interested in overclocking too much but like some of the features on the Z77 motherboard, would also like room for future upgrading.

GPU - Gigabyte GTX 670 windforce 3X 2048MB GDDR5 - 319.99 Pounds
Processor - i5 3570K 3.40Ghz - 184.99 Pounds
Mobo - Asus Z77 Maximus V Gene - 154.99 Pounds
Power supply - Corsair Enthusiast TX 650W v2 - 76.99 Pounds
OS - Windows 7 home premium sp1 64 Bit - 69.98 Pounds
Case - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus Case - 64.99 Pounds
Memory - Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 XMS3 8GB - 29.00 Pounds From Amazon
Joystick - Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X - 32.99 Pounds

i already have a 500 GB HardDrive and an optical Drive, i would like to upgrate later to a SSD and a 1TB HD.
like i said before if you could tweak this build to save money so i could also buy other bits that would be great stuff :)

p.s the above build is from the overclockers uk website so i know i could also save money by shopping around but not enough to buy a new screen etc.

WILDLEGHORN

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
If you do not need everything that the Maximus V Gene has to offer...then you can save a few bucks by going with ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 mobo.
Best bang for buck mobo & got excellent reviews from toms!

Keep in mind though, the Maximus V Gene is a lot better mobo than the Extreme 4 but if budget is your priority Extreme 4 is the way to go!

Windows 8 is coming out shortly, so you should wait for it rather than buying a win7 OS now! Although if you personally don't prefer Win 8...go ahead with the win7 os

There's no real gaming benefit in getting an OC'd memory unless you're getting 2800 MHz! Rather save up & get a 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory @ CL9

Rest of your components are perfect : )