AtmaDarkwolf

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
p4p800e deluxe, 2 motherboards(same build)
Corsiar 550 w power supply
HD 3850 radion GPU
3.0hhz pentium 4

Anyways, issue is that I loaned the system out, and they tanked it(someone with no tech knowledge who wasn't the person I loaned the system to, took the computer completely apart, and the PSUhad pry marks on the side of the case so I SUSPECT the psu but am not sure)

When I put system together with the 'newer' of the 2 boards(The one I had gotten to replace a faulty one from before) I get no post, no video, nothing. The LED lights up, fans all spin, i can hear the HD's warming up, etc, but I get no beeps, no video, nothing.

When Attempting to check the older board(Same board just older) I breadboarded it with just the HD's, CPU/HS, ram and GPU installed, and it posted, able to enter bios, change settings, etc, to the point I could see my raid arrays(which were tanked, the genius who tore system apart apparently formatted one of the drives for kicks) but what confused me here was I was getting, from the point the breadbored setup had power, a infinite series of short beeps(no delay between, just a steady beep beep beep, although still able to enter bios, etc) - I attributed this to the 'old' systems components still being connected (HD's, dvd drives, etc)

When re-installing the 'old' (IE: the board that worked with just the barebones setup described above) It would act as it did with the old board: No beep, no video, led lights on, fans all spinning, etc.

The one and only thing which I have done was replace the batteries, which I highly doubt would be the cause of this(It would at most reset bios to factory settings)

Long story short, is this a likley issue with my psu, or is it a bigger(IE: more expensive) problem?
(I want to rebuild the system, but I do not want to spend any money if it won't help)

Also if it would help, please ask anything I may have forgotten to include.