BF3 and ARMA 2 crashing, no BSOD. Complete Freeze!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1081990

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
System specs:
ATI 6950 normal clocks by Sapphire
965 Phenom x4 stock settings
Biostar Motherboard
Good Psu
4 gig ram, 2 kingston and 2 corsair
Seagate Barracuda 250 gb, Samsung 1tb drives

Mayor changes 1 day before problem started: Used AVG to delete trojans that infected registry files (deleted too I guess). BF3 newest Patch.

So after those changes, everytime I play BF3 multiplayer or ARMA 2 and Day z my system crashes or I get disconnected from game. Mostly crashes, no bsod, no cntl-alt-delete. FORCED RESTART. Image stays on, sound stays on. After a minute or two, a half second BSOD appears (impossible to see detailed info) and computer restarts.

Things of I have tried:

Updated punkbuster drivers, video drivers, realtek audio drivers, cleaned pc, monitor temps of gpu and cpu. Disable audio on BIOS. Played single player with no internet (still crashed) [only those games]. Delete mouse driver and let it reinstall. Delete usb drivers and let them automatically update. Uninstalled both games. disable upnp via system and router, changed sex, murder a cat, etc.

Please help, played witcher 2, stalker cop, cod, and crysis like a charm. So it is not my video card, I have also tried setting my gpu voltages to 1.18 but sapphire trixx resets on restart.

Any ideas? I love day z and bf3. Computer worked really well before avg (already uninstalled) and bf3 patch. Thanks.

Solution
It should work just installing the games, make sure you get all patches as well. Like I said before, in worst case OS has to be install again.

spartan1081990

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009

can it be mys usb ports? or a ram? but if it was ram, wouldnt other games fail?

spartan1081990

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009

reinstalled both, still crashed even single player, I used pc pitstop and it detected over 400 r files missing, do registry files have anything to do with game files? I dont and cant reinstall win 7 because I dont have the disks with me.

spartan1081990

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009

but isnt arma 2 reinstall supposed to contain all the reg files, or are they only possible to install via Windows CD or a program like PC Pitstop?

Status
Not open for further replies.