Solved

Sapphire 7950 running as a 1GB card instead of a 3GB card?

Ok, I'm having some major issues with my new system, mainly the Graphics cards. In CPU-Z and games they are showing as 2 1GB cards rather then 2 3GB cards.

They are showing as 3GB cards in the Catalyst though :S

System:
MOBO: ASRock X79 Extreme9
CPU: Core i7 3930k (stock speeds)
PSU: Corsair AX1200
Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (4x4GB) 2133
GPU: 2 Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB OC Crossfired.

They are showing as 1GB cards in 3DMark, CPU-Z and all of my games, what's going on D:

PCMark11 results on Extreme test. http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4221239
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sapphire 7950 running card card
  1. I would check them one at a time. It looks like you might have a defective card. If one of them is only showing 1gig that is all you will be able to use in Crossfire.
  2. Checking this right now, also I forgot to mention, Catalyst shows them both as 3GB cards, but basically nothing else does. Also 1 card in testing atm is showing 1024MB i'll be back with the second card in a second
  3. bryonhowley said:
    I would check them one at a time. It looks like you might have a defective card. If one of them is only showing 1gig that is all you will be able to use in Crossfire.

Checked them 1 at a time, they both say they're only 1024MB -.- Surely 2 cards can't be faulty?
  4. Best answer
  5. If you are using DXdiag to get those reports its a known bug. not sure if they fixed it recently.

+1 to trying GPU-z
  6. Tried GPU-Z, it's saying 3GB so I know the cards aren't faulty, but why are all my games displaying them as 1GB cards? (Dirt3, GTA4 and Shift2 all do it so far)
  7. Best answer selected by BennyF.
  8. hi BennyF

Could you tell me if your problem is resolved or not ? because i have the same and i don't what to do to resolve it ! :(
  9. try enabling memory remap in bios.
  10. memory remap is enabled :(
  11. no more suggestions ? please
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards CPUs Graphics