Will attaching my Waterblock with two screws damage my Motherboard?

Flightsimluke

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
Hello,

I have a question regarding the attachment of the Waterblock on my Antec Kuhler 920 to my motherboard.

Due to the mounting nut going missing during transportation, I can only use two screws across from each other to attach the Waterblock to the motherboard backplate. I have tried getting a replacement backplate from Antec but they are about as useful as a chocolate teapot?

So will attaching the Waterblock with just two screws damage my motherboard, or will all be well?

Thanks in advance!

If all the screws are not fastened evenly, the seal will not be good. Initially you may get an adequate seal but as time goes on the seal integrity will be compromised.

These nuts are standard and are available ay most hardware stores like the Home Depot. Take a screw along to match the size of the nut at the store.

Flightsimluke

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
That would be a solution, but the backplate holding has been completely rounded off, and getting a replacement backplate from Antec is impossible. I could always try asking on the forums to see if any UK users have a spare AM3+ backplate from the Kuhler 920.

Try and improvise. If the threads are stripped, drill the hole to a larger size and use a small washer under the nut. In this event you must also use a washer-like plastic piece as insulation.