Sign in with
Your question

BSoD Errors on new computer.

Last response: in Systems
October 21, 2012 4:47:59 PM

Hello,
So I just built a new computer for the first time and I had a few issues but i worked most of them out and got it running with windows 7 installed. But now whenever I turn on the computer I get all the way past log in and it appears to run smoothly but then I get a random BSoD and my computer restarts. The other bad thing is that the BSoD changes sometimes. Most often it says Memory_Management but sometiems it says something about bad data pooling. I would give the specific error code but the screen passes by so fast that I can hardly read it. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : bsod errors computer

a b B Homebuilt system
October 21, 2012 4:50:08 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Windows 7 to section Systems by Area51reopened
October 21, 2012 4:56:59 PM

you can change the behavior of the pc when it blue screens by pressing F8 at boot and selecting "Do not restart" on errors, or something like that. It will give you time to read the error messages. From the information you have so far, it sounds like a bad stick of ram, or incompatible ram. Please post your system specs with model numbers of your components.

You can try running memtest by choosing the option when you press F8 at boot, also.
October 28, 2012 1:16:16 AM

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+
Ssd: Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB
Hdd: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3

I ran memtest for a couple of hours and it made ten passes but said there weren't any issues with the ram or the cpu memory. I checked and the ram appears to be compatible with the motherboard. It appears to be a fualty ram slot on the motherboard but I'm not sure.
!