Nvidia Driver Problem

Nvidia's current driver is 301.24. I had it successfully installed on my Windows 7 Home 64bit system. I started to have performance issues with my FSX experience and been having a very difficult time diagnosing the issue to a point of resolution. I've tried many suggestions of other with no success. One suggestion which I hadn't tried, and I wish to now, is to try a different driver. I wish to use the older 296.10 version that had worked well on my system prior to update.

Through the control panel, I uninstalled all the Nvidia applications, and did a restart. However, Windows 7 on startup automatically downloaded the video device driver for the Nvidia card and installed it. It was the same version as the one I had previously uninstalled. I researched how to disable the automatic updating http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/82054-turn-off-windows-7-automatic-driver-installation.html but it didn't take for some reason. On reboot, Windows 7 continue to automatically update the device driver with 301.24.

I started Windows 7 in safe mode, and installed a saved copy of 296.10 I had on my computer. It installed no problem, and Windows 7 started fine. However, I am unable to access the Nvidia control panel. I keep getting a fatal error "Nvidia Control Panel Application 4.4.730.0 has stopped working." It dosen't matter how I try to install 296.10, this is always the result.

If I install 301.24, the control panel has no issues, or possible things to consider to get rid ofthis issue?

Anyone have any thoughts on this??
1 answer Last reply
More about nvidia driver problem
  1. What GPU are you talking about. The latest WHQL driver for 5xx and 6xx cards is 301.42. You may also want to try a newer beta driver.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Control Panel Windows 7 Graphics