Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
i7 950 @3.2
x58 Sabertooth MoBo
Crucial c300 SSD boot drive
XFX HD6950
Corsair TX750w PSU
6gb Corsair XMS3 ram

Hey guys, for the past week I've been having some real issues with my rig. It continuously crashes to a black screen, sometimes the PC will last for 10 mins sometimes hours. However the only time I have managed to get it to last a long time whilst the gfx card is actually running (i.e. not in the idle mode it does) is if I manually set the fan speed to 70+%. I've tried absolutely everything I think of and everything I've searched for on the web has left the issue unresolved. Memtest, running each stick on its own, cleaning with compressed air, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and each and every time the issue remains. I am almost sure its my graphics card but I don't know exactly what is wrong, the card is about 2 years old now, never been OC'ed never had any problems.

Thanks very much

jarlsuki

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
I'd start with checking the GPU temps using GPU-Z.
Do you happen to have access to another GPU? doesen't matter if it's crap, just something to test with

Hollands990

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Okay i will try it in different slots tomorrow and let you know how it goes. As for the mini dump, it usually doesnt actually produce one but this is the last one that was produced, even though it has had multiple crashes since.

On Fri 01/03/2013 17:49:29 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\030113-18189-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown ()
Bugcheck code: 0x0 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: CUSTOM_ERROR

Hollands990

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Okay so I have tried the card in all the different PCIE slots and gone through and updated all drives, unfortunately it still does the same thing

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
try this card on another system if you could ,and use another card to in your motherboard even a old one to test ,if result is the same with another card motherboard is the one to replace .