6230 ringtones are to loud

Hi!

I'm using MP3s as ringtones in my 6230. The problem is that even in the
lowest volume
setting they sound too loud. I guess I need some program to edit MP3s before
downloading
into 6230. Does such program exist?

-T
4 answers Last reply
More about 6230 ringtones loud

    On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:36:22 +0200, T.S. wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I'm using MP3s as ringtones in my 6230. The problem is that even in the
    > lowest volume
    > setting they sound too loud. I guess I need some program to edit MP3s before
    > downloading
    > into 6230. Does such program exist?

    MP3trim... load MP3... adjust volume slider to desired level... save MP3.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

    T.S. wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I'm using MP3s as ringtones in my 6230. The problem is that even in the
    > lowest volume
    > setting they sound too loud. I guess I need some program to edit MP3s before
    > downloading
    > into 6230. Does such program exist?
    >
    > -T

    Use winamp, via the nullsoft disk writer output to disk a wave file.
    Then use windows sound recorder to adjust the volume and convert back
    into a mp3.
    For best quality its recommended u install a LAME MP3 codec or the
    hacked Fraunhofer IIS original full mp3 codec "it's out there.." ;)

    Thanks! Just what I was looking for.

    "michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> kirjoitti viestissä
    > On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:36:22 +0200, T.S. wrote:
    >
    > > Hi!
    > >
    > > I'm using MP3s as ringtones in my 6230. The problem is that even in the
    > > lowest volume
    > > setting they sound too loud. I guess I need some program to edit MP3s
    before
    > > downloading
    > > into 6230. Does such program exist?
    >
    > MP3trim... load MP3... adjust volume slider to desired level... save MP3.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Turner
    > Email (ROT13)
    > zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

    Does windows XP have any built in software to convert a wav file to a mp3?

    John

    T.S. wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I'm using MP3s as ringtones in my 6230. The problem is that even in the
    > lowest volume
    > setting they sound too loud. I guess I need some program to edit MP3s before
    > downloading
    > into 6230. Does such program exist?
    >
    > -T

Nokia