A cpu cooler
SSD
8 more gigs of ram
a 600 watt GS corsair psu
and a second GTX 560 SC???

More about : improvement

a b B Homebuilt system
October 21, 2012 8:07:16 PM

ram probably nothing. another video card/depends on resolution and apps-if running at or above 1600 res i would dump the 1gig card for something newer with more vram./ps, you'll need extra amperage to run the second card.
m
l
a c 84 B Homebuilt system
October 21, 2012 8:09:45 PM

2fast4thetown_down said:
My system is:

i5 2500k@3.3 ghz
8 gb Kingston HyperX
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
460 watt cooler master psu
GTX 560 SC

How much improvement will i get with
A cpu cooler
SSD
8 more gigs of ram

A cpu cooler will allow you to OC a bit higher.
If you are cpu bound, that is a big deal.
If graphics is your limitation, not so much.

A SSD will make everything you do feel so much quicker. It is one of the best performance updates you can make.
For gaming, not so much. games and levels will load faster.

Few games can use more that 2-3gb of ram.
There is no benefit to 16gb unless you are running 64 bit enabled apps like photoshop.

There is no performance benefit from a stronger psu.
If graphics is a limitation, then a second GTX560 would help. But, you would also need a 700w+ psu.
You would be better off selling the GTX560 and replacing it with a stronger card like a GTX670.

To help clarify your options, run these two tests:

a) Run your games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely cpu limited.

b) Limit your cpu, either by reducing the OC, or, in windows power management, limit the maximum cpu% to something like 50%.
This will simulate what a lack of cpu power will do.

Go to control panel/power options/change plan settings/change advanced power settings/processor power management/maximum processor state/
set to 50% and see how you do.

If your FPS drops significantly, it is an indicator that your cpu is the limiting factor, and a cpu upgrade is in order.

It is possible that both tests are positive, indicating that you have a well balanced system, and both cpu and gpu need to be upgraded to get better gaming FPS.

m
l
Related resources
October 21, 2012 8:13:50 PM

2fast4thetown_down said:
My system is:

i5 2500k@3.3 ghz
8 gb Kingston HyperX
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
460 watt cooler master psu
GTX 560 SC

How much improvement will i get with
A cpu cooler
SSD
8 more gigs of ram

If I were you I would only upgrade GPU+SSD and possibly PSU(depending on GPU).

If you Grab a Geforce 660Ti and a Vertex 4, and I think you may not even need to upgrade PSU.

Cheers,
L
m
l
October 21, 2012 10:09:05 PM

I am keeping the GTX 560 and getting a second one I need a new psu to do that...I dont want to sell it I love it, should I oc and get that second GTX 560 will there be a significant Gaming upgrade?? The SSD and Ram is optional.
m
l
October 21, 2012 10:22:53 PM

Is this for gaming only? If so, 8GB is plenty, but here are apps that will use 16GB or more memory. An SSD is a great upgrade of any PC. I like Samsung or Crucial M4s. I always advise against multi gpu setups as they have their share of issues. You may be better off selling your card and moving up a generation. Cooler Master doesn't make the greatest psu either. Seasonics are great and you can get a 520w modular verison for 69 bucks at newegg and if you do decide to go SLI, then the 620w version will work at 20 bucks more.
m
l
October 21, 2012 11:13:56 PM

2fast4thetown_down said:
I am keeping the GTX 560 and getting a second one I need a new psu to do that...I dont want to sell it I love it, should I oc and get that second GTX 560 will there be a significant Gaming upgrade?? The SSD and Ram is optional.

Maybe. Some games so not do well with sli.
sli benchmarks may look good though.
And... there is the possible issue of microstuttering.
That is where two cards can't render their part of the display in sync causing visual distress.
It is more of a problem with lower power graphics cards.
Here is an article on that:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-geforce-stut...

My preference is to use a single good card whenever it will do the job.
m
l
October 22, 2012 1:02:04 PM

The real reason for this thread is improvement I have made my decision I want to know what the improvement will be. Like a 50% increase?
m
l

Best solution

October 22, 2012 1:21:29 PM

2fast4thetown_down said:
The real reason for this thread is improvement I have made my decision I want to know what the improvement will be. Like a 50% increase?

Ahah. I see now what you are asking.
You will do ALL of the above.

As is, the ssd will be very good.

But for gaming, I see minimal improvement because the 600w psu will be inadequate.
Each GTX560SC needs two 6 pin power dongles, and the 600w Corsair GS only has two.
I know you can use molex to 6 pin adapters, but if the psu had the power for 4 6-pin dongles, it would have supplied them.
I think you need to up the psu to about 750w which should be sufficient.

Once you do that, I predict a 49.165% improvement.
Give or take 40%.
a b B Homebuilt system
October 27, 2012 1:56:04 AM

i don't see your monitor resolution or opsys anywhere. what is it ?
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
October 27, 2012 3:13:37 PM

I still think you should invest in a better video card instead of 2 1gig 560's. I bet right now you can't crank games to their max at that res without problems... 2 - 1gig cards aren't going to do nothing to help. Only thing you'll get are more frames but playability will still suffer unless you turn settings back.
m
l
October 27, 2012 5:32:38 PM

I understand that is not an option so please answr my original question...If I wanted advice I would you know make a forum that asked that question....Duh
m
l
!