Sign in with
Your question

Stutters and fps drops in games

Last response: in Systems
October 21, 2012 7:14:48 PM

okay forgive me if this is in the wrong category but heres my problem and i'de appreciate it if some of you guys could help me with your pc wisdom and knowledge.

Okay so im fairly new to the whole pc building game and i bought a pc from ebay (probably not my best idea) for 450 but since then i have replaced so many of the parts in it i consider it to be pretty much homebuilt. now my problem is whenever i play some of my games like trine, starcraft 2, or magicka i get this stutter where its like if you blinked you would miss it but its still there and it happens every few seconds. like the game could be running fine and bam, Annoying stutter happens. I've reformatted, replaced the hdd, and tried a new psu and to no avail. my temps seem to be fine (i'll post a pic showing it in guild wars 2). But its not just stutters, in starcraft 2 the games fps seem to drop at the most tiniest of armies and the stutters happen especially if i do something like turn a drone into a spawning pool or any building for that matter. in guild wars 2 i cant even get a solid 30fps and the game feels really unsmooth (for lack of a better term) and just feels like im skipping a beat. this all happend when i switched from a 9400gt to a radeon 7950 so i thought the card was messed up so i returned it and got a gtx 670 and now the problems still happening. But ya with my pc i feel like i should be able to kill just about everyone of my games maxed out at a solid and smooth 60fps but thats not what im getting at all instead of getting this unreliable 60fps that drops fairly easily and stutters randomly.

PS. sorry for the giant wall of text any help is appreciated and i'll be more than happy to answer any questions i'll be checking the thread hourly

my specs are

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
AMD FX-4100
8gigs of dual channel ddr3 at 1333mhz
GA-78LMT-S2P
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
1TB hdd 7200rpm 64mb cache
everything is still stocked as in not overclocked
October 21, 2012 7:19:11 PM

im sorry i have a pic i could send of hwmonitor while im ingame but im not sure how to upload it to let you guys see it
!