POLL - Which CPU is the best for gaming?

Which CPU is the best for gaming and OC?

• INTEL 3570K

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • INTEL 3770K

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • INTEL 3930K

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • INTEL 3820

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • AMD fx-8150

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Maor404

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
Hello,

I'm building a new PC for gaming with 2 SLI/CFX.
I'm confused which CPU to buy, the 3570k or 3770k?
Which on is the best for gaming for the next 1-2 years?
Which one have the best performance under OC?
which one get highr GHz with OC?
if you think that there is another CPU yoo can tell

thank you all!!

I would stay away from OCZ products as although they make very fast SSDs, they aren't very reliable and the company is sinking as we speak. I would go with Samsung or Crucial. You don't list your monitor resolution, but unless you are playing on 3 1080p LCDs, you won't need that gpu set up. I never recommend SLI or Crossfire cuz they have several issues anyway. If you aren't gaming on a tri LCD setup, go with the fastest single card you can get, a 7970 GHZ or 680gtx.

Maor404

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012

Noted, thanks.
BTW, which CPU do you recommend?

G

i really can't see * benefiting* from anything more than a 3570K as far as cost/performance.

Maor404

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012

Which mother board is better? ASUS or Gigabyte?

Well, as a passing note, all of them are overkill for a dual Crossfire/SLI system. All of them will adequately support up to quad.

The ASUS P8Z77-Pro is out because its easily the most expensive and less SATA ports than the others.

To be honest, at this price point they should all be good for overclocking. You could literally pick from the remaining boards based on their colour and not make a wrong decision.
Would personally go with the ASUS Maximus. Has a very long feature set, inbuilt Wifi and Bluetooth, 9 SATA ports (6 of them SATAIII) and has one of the better slot spacing's of all of them. And the red colour scheme would suit my build.

Again, could pick any of them and not make a bad decision.