clayton1975mg

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Hello,
I am Brazilian. My English is not good.

I have a question.

On Web sites, when I see comparisons of CPUs These sites do not use GPUs hi-ends.

And when these sites compare GPUs. They also do not use CPUs hi-ends.

My question is:

If it was used in Hi-end comparison would change the outcome?

1) In Tom's graphic cards hierarch see i3 2100k is so powerfull so i7 Ivy. So I ask: If I use to 7970 GHz i3 2100k edition wich I would get good performance?

2) If I use 6970 to i7 ivy wich I would get similar performance to one question?

Solution
When tech sites do CPU benchmarks, they only show the CPU power, and it utilizes the CPU only. In such a case, a high end GPU is not required.
In the case of GPU benchmarks, it's to show the GPU power and it utilizes the GPU only. For example, in GPU benchies such as Unigine, the benchmark is independent of the CPU used.

If you use a HD 7970 with an i3 2100, you'll face bottleneck issues with most games.
The i7 paired with a HD 6970 will give you better performance in such a case. But pair the same CPU with a 7970 and you'll get tons more performance.
When tech sites do CPU benchmarks, they only show the CPU power, and it utilizes the CPU only. In such a case, a high end GPU is not required.
In the case of GPU benchmarks, it's to show the GPU power and it utilizes the GPU only. For example, in GPU benchies such as Unigine, the benchmark is independent of the CPU used.

If you use a HD 7970 with an i3 2100, you'll face bottleneck issues with most games.
The i7 paired with a HD 6970 will give you better performance in such a case. But pair the same CPU with a 7970 and you'll get tons more performance.

Solution

Hazle

Distinguished

in the i3 vs i7 integrated graphics case, because both don't offer much of a performance benefit over the other and perform very closely if there were any difference at all . remember the hierarchy was meant to compare GPU for the sake of gaming, and intel's integrated GPU's aren't going to perform much differently in those cases whether it be an i3, i5 or i7. and if there was a difference, that would like be due to the CPU than the iGPU..

as for your i7+7970 question; it depends. if you're doing graphics rendering, i can see the point. gaming? unless you're willing to pay for an i7 and/or believe games will fully utilize a hexa core with quad cores for gaming becoming totally obsolete any time soon in the next 3-4 years , you're better off pairing that 7970 with an i5 at most.

when sites do benchmark tests, they use an overpowered CPU or a single type of gpu just so a foreign problem(bottlenecking) doesn't occur in any of the tests. most tests run as of right now are either run on Sandy Bridge-E or use an overclocked i7