Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Sound Blaster Recon3Di driver being weird

Last response: in Components
March 5, 2013 2:48:23 AM

Hi. I have a problem here that just started up. Onboard my Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3, my Sound doesn't want to work anymore when plugged into the sound jack (green) like normally. When i disable the Sound Blaster Recon3Di driver, i hear sound, but when it's enabled, i don't hear sound anymore. However if i plug the jack in the front of the tower, it works fine with the driver enabled. What in the world? O___o If someone can help me figure this out i'd greatly appreciate it. I don't even understand why this is happening. I never messed with the sound settings. X_x

More about : sound blaster recon3di driver weird

March 5, 2013 2:55:42 AM

I've tried doing system restore, i looked in the sounds in the control panel and the speakers on the board were set to default. It's showing it's playing something while playing music but i just don't hear anything.
Score
March 5, 2013 3:01:32 AM

sound blaster, buggy drivers, hot fixes (ironically has issues as well), overall bad experience. will not buy from them again.
Score
Related resources
March 5, 2013 3:04:07 AM

Ever since i got my motherboard replaced by Gigabyte it's one issue after another, and another, and another. oh my god i'm TIRED of it. X__X My other board didn't have these problems but i turned it in because it had a bad PCI Express slot. <_< Now it's a sound problem. I tried to delete the driver since it worked without it, but when you restart and re enter Windows guess what..? It reinstalls the driver agaaaaaaaaaain!
Score
March 5, 2013 3:05:18 AM

sounds like you are trying to run 2 different sound systems at the same time. If i am wrong please correct me. Windows will default to your selected sound source selected under play back devices. the sound blaster card will only get the sound sent to it if it is selected in play back devices. the onboard audio will only get sound if that is selected in play back devices. the two are not meant to work at the same time. If this is how it worked before there was a major issue.

where do you have your front panel connection plugged into? the sound card or the motherboard audio?
Score
March 5, 2013 3:05:34 AM

I'm with you on that cons29. For me, i'm likely done with Gigabyte too. It doesn't seem that i'm going to find the solution to this one. I don't want to reformat Windows just to see if that works. If it does, it will likely just happen again down the road. <.<
Score
March 5, 2013 3:09:47 AM

The thing is dGunner, the one in the front audio jack is part of the tower, not the motherboard. You know when you buy a new case and you get those cables hanging around in there to plug directly to the motherboard? That. Well it just seems that plugging the jack on the front allows sound to work fine. But, when you plug it into the motherboard's onboard audio (back) it doesn't play anything at all unless you disable the driver o_O perhaps disconnecting the front will help? I can try that and see.
Score
March 5, 2013 3:11:29 AM

Sorry i didn't mean to confuse, it's not usb internal, it's a plug in that has a bunch of pins in it.
Score
March 5, 2013 3:13:06 AM

the cables on the inside that you described is what i want to know. where is your front audio wires plugged into? if in the play back devices you have the front jacks set to use motherboard audio and the wires are plugged to the motherboard this would explain it.
Score
March 5, 2013 3:14:08 AM

I am well aware of how pc are built as i love building and repairing them.

right click on the speaker in the lower left of your screen, select play back devices and let me know what has the green check mark next to it.
Score
March 5, 2013 3:16:36 AM

I completely removed it and restarted.There's still no sound playing from the motherboard on the back. I checked the Control Panel/sound settings. Still default..
Score
March 5, 2013 3:17:12 AM

Me too, but i'm probably not half as good as you. I built my system but am always constantly finding a new problem after the other over and over and OVER.... lol
Score
March 5, 2013 3:19:50 AM

I am trying to help but you are not very forth coming with the necessary info.

right click on the speaker in the lower left of your screen, select play back devices and let me know what has the green check mark next to it?

should say speakers then under it what device that it is using then under that default device. i need to know what device it is using.
Score
March 5, 2013 3:26:03 AM

ok here is the issue it is using the Sound blaster as default. you need yo change it to the onboard audio. as it is now it says Speakers then under that Sound blaster recon 3di. then under that it says default.

you need to find the one that says speakers then under that either Realtek OR VIA. i dont know which one you have but right click on that then select set as default.
Score
March 5, 2013 3:30:22 AM

if you want to use the recon 3Di you will need to install it then change it back but plug the audio jack (3.5mm plug) in to the sound card its self. just plugging the sound card into the PCIe slot does not send the audio to the mother board ports. you need to use the audio ports on the back of the sound card in order to make use of the sound card.
Score
March 5, 2013 3:31:00 AM

You're welcome to Teamview my computer if you want cause i really don't see any other option in this thing. With Teamviewer you can get into my Desktop. There's no Realtek or Via. That's the only driver built into this board.
Score
March 5, 2013 3:32:46 AM

have you installed the sound drivers from the disk that came with the motherboard?
Score
March 5, 2013 3:33:36 AM

bgunner said:
ok here is the issue it is using the Sound blaster as default. you need yo change it to the onboard audio. as it is now it says Speakers then under that Sound blaster recon 3di. then under that it says default.

you need to find the one that says speakers then under that either Realtek OR VIA. i dont know which one you have but right click on that then select set as default.

I think the sound blaster he is talking about IS his onboard. That is a VERY high end board, newegg lists the audio chip as Creative CA0132. I think what he is doing when he disables it is reverting to the windows drivers.
Score
March 5, 2013 3:36:23 AM

Yes, i have the Disc to this motherboard so the drivers are all on there. :( 

DiaSin, yes! :)  That's what i had said earlier in my first post. I just don't get this. Around 3 hours ago, it was working fine while i was on Skyrim. Suddenly after doing some Ebay stuff i went to run some BGM's in my RPG Maker program and i can't hear any music or anything...anywhere. Youtube.. Nothing. o_O
Score
March 5, 2013 3:38:52 AM

DiaSin said:
I think the sound blaster he is talking about IS his onboard. That is a VERY high end board, newegg lists the audio chip as Creative CA0132. I think what he is doing when he disables it is reverting to the windows drivers.

you are correct that one does have the creative audio on it. Anglez it must have installed some program to adjust setting have you looked in there for the issue?

Score
March 5, 2013 3:40:59 AM

So the audio isn't bad or anything? Because if it was, then i suppose it wouldn't even work when i disabled the driver. -scratch head-

Yes, i tried system restore to when it was working, yet, when i rolled nothing was still working. So i reverted the restore back. I removed the software control panel (Trustudio) and still nothing. Reinstalled it put it to default, nothing. X__X
Score
March 5, 2013 3:42:08 AM

Angelz said:
Yes, i have the Disc to this motherboard so the drivers are all on there. :( 

DiaSin, yes! :)  That's what i had said earlier in my first post. I just don't get this. Around 3 hours ago, it was working fine while i was on Skyrim. Suddenly after doing some Ebay stuff i went to run some BGM's in my RPG Maker program and i can't hear any music or anything...anywhere. Youtube.. Nothing. o_O

sorry i got confused not many mobo's have the creative sound on them plus there are Sound Blaster Recon 3D cards so i got confused.

dumb question your sound is not muted by chance? or your speakers are not turned off.
Score

Best solution

March 5, 2013 3:43:15 AM

One thing.. You said you are using the front ports on your case right? Are they fully connected to the motherboard? Not loose or anything?
March 5, 2013 3:44:50 AM

It's okay gunner. :) 

I disconnected that port off the motherboard. If i put it back on it's not going to make any difference in getting this to work. I can put it back on, and oddly, i will hear sound again X__X I'll go put it back on right now.
Score
March 5, 2013 3:47:13 AM

Okay, i put it on. Still no sound working on the motherboard's rear port. But the audio on the front from the tower itself is allowing it to work. -_____-

By the way, not that it helps any, this is a Cosmos II Ultra Case.
Score
March 5, 2013 3:48:59 AM

Wait, i take that back. It's WORKING!!!

The rear is working now after i re-plugged in that port back into the system. o_O
Score
March 5, 2013 3:54:57 AM

odd indeed. O_o maybe a short? do you know, was the board they sent you back a brand new board or a refurbished one?

i personally have an issue with my Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card with ventrilo but that is a ventrilo issue. i restart ventrilo then all is well for a short time. there may be some issues with drivers. are there updated drivers for that board on creatives web site?
Score
March 5, 2013 3:56:39 AM

Best answer selected by Angelz.
Score
March 5, 2013 3:56:45 AM

Brand new board replacement. It was tested before shipped. Anyway, i'll Pm you cause they don't like us posting after something's solved. lol. Thanks again. ^^
Score
March 5, 2013 3:57:08 AM

i dont have issues with msi, only with creative :) 

can you check how many sound devices you have?
i myself switch from usb sound to sound card, depends if i want headset or speaker, saves me the trouble of plugging unplugging
Score
!