Sign in with
Your question

2nd GPU with XFX HD 6750

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 26, 2012 9:51:52 PM

Hi all,

I am a newbie here and am trying to get three monitors working with a XFX HD6750. Having apparently exhausted the options with running off the single card I am wondering if can use the on board video card on my motherboard to run a third monitor. When I plug a monitor in via DVI to the onboard card it doesn't work - perhaps it is disabled? IS anyone able to point me in the right direction please?

thanks

Ach

More about : 2nd gpu xfx 6750

a b C Monitor
August 26, 2012 10:25:58 PM

What is your motherboard model and what is your Radeon 6750 model.
August 27, 2012 6:38:58 AM

Thanks for the quick response the ATI card is a HD6750 - 700Mhz 1GB DDR5 Dual DVI mini HDMI (HD-675X-ZHLC) and the motherboard looks to be a Dell 054KM3.
Related resources
a b C Monitor
August 27, 2012 1:06:10 PM

I think that I found specs for your video card, but just to be sure, does it have two DVI connectors and one HDMI port?

Also, what is your CPU?
a b C Monitor
August 27, 2012 3:27:07 PM

You can probably use three displays with the 6750 if you use a DVI to VGA/D-Sub adapter. It can't handle three displays that use the same signaling and HDMI and DVD-D use the same signalling, so you need to use the DVI-A signalling (the same used by the VGA port) to use three displays with that card.

Also, Intel's website says that the i5-750 doesn't have an IGP, so you probably don't have any integrated graphics anyway. The motherboard supports processors that have them, so it has ports for it, but the i5-750 doesn't have an IGP, so to use the integrated graphics ports, you'd probably have to downgrade to an i3. i5s and i7s didn't get integrated graphics until the LGA 1155 socket boards and even then, some of the i5s don't have IGPs.
!