Standby problem/Com Port Driver

April 28, 2004 1:20:47 PM

When trying to go into standby, I get a message that there
is a problem with the com port 2 driver. Will not enter
standby. Removed driver for comprt 2 and now is says com
port 1 has the problem. Should I uninstall driver for
that prot also. System is WinXP Home Edtn. Have not
tried to enter Hybernation. Any help would be appreciated.
..
June 1, 2004 1:36:06 PM

Les wrote:
> *When trying to go into standby, I get a message that there
> is a problem with the com port 2 driver. Will not enter
> standby. Removed driver for comprt 2 and now is says com
> port 1 has the problem. Should I uninstall driver for
> that prot also. System is WinXP Home Edtn. Have not
> tried to enter Hybernation. Any help would be appreciated.
> ... *

If you have Quicken installed, check out the Intuit site for Quicken KB
item 7221.
or search Intuit site for Mrtrate.sys.

This fixed my problem.
Good Luck, Skeeter