bergerd1

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
XFX Radeon 7950 DD Black Edition gfx card
8GB of RAM
3.4 i7 processor
1 TB HDD
Win 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
Catalyst Control Center version 12.8 (2012.0806.1213.19931)

I have an XFX Radeon 7950 DD Black Edition graphics card and 3 Asus VS238 LCD/LED Monitors and I am having trouble getting CCC to extend to all three monitors correctly.

The graphics card is new and all the monitors are the same. I am running windows 7 and am using a mini display port adapter, one HDMI and one DVI. I used the DVI cables that came with the monitors (using an old DVI cable made the display look green and distorted for some reason).

All three monitors function correctly and are recognized in Windows device manager and in CCC. I can have my desktop on any single monitor and switch it between all three monitors with no issue.

When I attempt to create an Eyefinity display group, it will only let me use two monitors. I made sure to not use the extending all monitors in the Windows screen resolution and instead do it in Catalyst Control Center.

When I make the Eyefinity group with the only option of two monitors, the second monitor display distorted and fuzzy.
I have gone through the monitor settings and it is not only one monitor that gets fuzz/distorted; so it's not just a bad monitor. I can replicate the bad display on any monitor. Will post pictures also

Please help :(

drums101

Distinguished
yea that adapter will work if you have a regular size displayport on your card.....what video card do you have? Maybe link me to a newegg product or something....the hdmi to dvi adapter should be ok to use the only issue is with displayport adapters

bergerd1

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Yea I just ran to microcenter and picked up two XFX Mini displayport to DVI adapters and I just plugged them in. The Eyefinity is letting me use all three monitors now.

But as before one of the three (formerly one of the two) monitors is always blurry. I don't believe it is the display, because I can replicate it on any of the three monitors. I'll post pics here in a second

(Edit)
In this picture you can see the distortion that I have on one of the monitors. I had to take a picture with my phone, because taking a screen shot did not capture the distortion.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/idontevenknow.jpg

bergerd1

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Yea, same resolution, same monitor. I tried uninstalling the monitors drivers and reinstalling them after restarting. It looks much worse in person, I was having trouble capturing the ugliness of the distortion with my phone.

I also tried using different adapters, different DVI cables and checking to make sure CCC and my graphics card had up to date drivers and they do.. So I'm not sure what is up with it. All text in that window is nearly impossible to read.

I'm scratching my head not sure what to do. I called Asus support also and it wasn't much help. Perhaps it has to do with my graphics card?
What are your thoughts?

drums101

Distinguished
if its not software related it has to be hardware...we know its not the monitors or the connections bc you are able to make the fuzziness go from monitor to monitor...so that only leaves the card itself....it is possible that there is something wrong with the video card but I cannot guarantee that the solution but it seems like a RMA would be the next logical step...theres gotta be something with the software that is causing this (i hope)

I will think about it and get back to you I am in class atm