Sign in with
Your question

Building a new system want opinions

Tags:
  • Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
October 22, 2012 2:22:13 AM

Im looking to build a gaming system. Im not on a tight budget...but I am not looking to waste money. My game of choice is skyrim. Any thoughts or suggestions for the following system. This will be my first intel build in a long time...I was never a fan at all...but times change I guess. Also if anything is incompatible please let me know. Thanks for your help.

MOBO - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
CPU - I7-3770K
Vid Saphire - 7970GHZ edition
Ram - 8GB CML8GX3M2A1600C9
Power Seasonic - M1211 620W

1 Last thing I will not be overclocking any at all. And no SLI or crossfire ever.

More about : building system opinions

October 22, 2012 2:25:23 AM

should work fine for what you like to do
m
l
October 22, 2012 2:26:03 AM

If you dont do heavy rendering, drop that i7.

Get an i5 3470 since you arent overclocking
Get the Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP motherboard instead
I take it that RAM is Vengeance? Im not quite familiar with all those numbers and letters lol.
m
l
Related resources
October 22, 2012 6:21:58 AM

You wont notice a thing. The 3570K can overclock though, if you want that.
m
l
October 23, 2012 4:59:30 AM

Thanks for your reply. I have done some research..and you are correct. Thank you for saving me a bit of money. Is the motherboard I had picked out incompatible with the i5 chip. Why is the asrock one superior. I am not doubting what you are saying. I was just wondering why you suggest it. I have always run gigabye boards and had pretty good luck with them. Thanks again for your help.
m
l
October 23, 2012 5:30:08 AM

Like said above i wouldn't buy an i7 because its practically useless for gaming unless your planning to do some editing or photoshop work etc..
You could pick up the 3470 i5, and since your not planning to overclock this would be the better choice. The motherboard you've chosen is the z77 which is more for overclockers. An H77 would be just as good and save you a few dollars there. I would personally recommend an asus mobo, because of the easy bios and the bang for the buck at the moment. But of course this is personal preference.
Asrock also make good motherboards and have alot of features similar to Asus.

Good luck on the build.
m
l
!