Sign in with
Your question

Two CyberPower Builds: Which One Should I Get & What Should I Change?

Last response: in Systems
October 22, 2012 3:08:25 AM

I have a $1500-$1550 budget for what I am able to spend on a PC. Since I don't want to build my own PC, I have chosen two builds in CyberPower and have changed them a bit. It would be greatly appreciated if I could get advice on a few things on them as well as your opinion on if these are good, worthwhile builds for the money I am putting into them. After all, I am trying to get a PC that will be long lasting and play pretty much any game I throw at it at max settings with good FPS. So, here we go!

Build #1:

-If I were to get this, what better motherboard (if applicable) should I get?
-Should I switch to the i5 2570k CPU (or better)?
-Is there a better water cooling system I should get?
-Is there a better memory brand I should get?
-Is there a better power supply I should get?
-Your opinion on this build + etc improvements.

Build #2:

-If I were to get this, what better motherboard (if applicable) should I get?
-Is the i7 processor in this build worth it?
-Is there a better water cooling system I should get?
-Is there a better memory brand I should get?
-Is there a better power supply I should get?
-Your opinion on this build + etc improvements.

Build #2 seems faster and less expensive. However, that may change if there are modifications. In addition to the above questions, I would also like to ask if the free SSD (from the Halloween sale) that comes with the HDD will already have Windows 7 pre-installed onto it and set as the main data drive. I'm not too fond of SSDs but if it's free then hey, why not?

If there are any other pre-made builds that are better than these, I'll welcome them (just no builds that involve me actually building the PC). Your answers are appreciated! :D 
October 24, 2012 2:21:10 AM

Well, I don't like the idea of buying a pre-built at all. I would tell you to build your own, but you said that you wouldn't so I will give you some advice.

If you are going to be video editing, and rendering and stuff like that, go with an i7.

If you are going to just go flat out gaming, then an i5 is right for you, mainly considering the i5-3570k. (can handle rendering tasks also)

For a GPU, at that price, you should be at least getting a GTX 680, or a 7970.

Also, get 8gb of ram or 16.

If they don't put Windows 7 on your SSD for you're main data drive, you can easily set it in the bios, as in set it to boot from there, boosting your startup.

Just my 2 cents. :) 
October 24, 2012 2:34:54 AM

lchrisk said:
Well, I don't like the idea of buying a pre-built at all. I would tell you to build your own, but you said that you wouldn't so I will give you some advice.

If you are going to be video editing, and rendering and stuff like that, go with an i7.

If you are going to just go flat out gaming, then an i5 is right for you, mainly considering the i5-3570k. (can handle rendering tasks also)

For a GPU, at that price, you should be at least getting a GTX 680, or a 7970.

Also, get 8gb of ram or 16.

If they don't put Windows 7 on your SSD for you're main data drive, you can easily set it in the bios, as in set it to boot from there, boosting your startup.

Just my 2 cents. :) 

I second all of this.
!