Solved

Mini ITX build ready to go but want to switch it for NO OVERCLOCKING

Hello Everyone,

Here is my system (or what I need your help to configure)....

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS8900 Extreme CPU Cooler ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard ($195.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($379.00 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.44 @ NCIX US)

Storage (SSD & HDD), Case (Mini-ITX), Optical Drive, OS (7), Memory(16gb): Already picked them.

I don't have a problem with the budget. Lets say <$2000 is ok

and here is my problem....

Everyone is talking about overclocking and I am sick and tired to hear about it anymore. So lets get it out of the picture.
I DON'T CARE ABOUT IT
I DON'T WANT TO DO IT
I DON'T WANT TO BUY COMPONENTS THAT MIGHT GO BAD IF I OVERCLOCK.... so...

may I please ask you help to assist me.

Pretty much, I am looking to configure the components presented above.

I dont care if is Intel of AMD, I just want the best and budget is not any issue.

Greatly appreciate your responses and looking forward on your recommendations.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about mini build ready switch overclocking
  1. If you don't want to overclock than don't. It's safe, free, easy, and will extend the performance life of your system, but no one here cares if you do or don't, and probably wouldn't suggest it for miniitx anyway. Yelling is unnecessary.

Don't waste money on a CPU cooler, K series CPU, or board with overclocking features you won't use And I highly doubt a 670 is going to fit in a mini itx case
  2. ^ Agreed, the system you have is good to go. All you have to do is not overclock it, and you will have the option too later if you change your mind.

Otherwise. Change the CPU to a 3470, mobo to a H77. Whether to remove the heatsink is up to you, but I would advise keeping it in an I-TX system.
  3. The 670 fit ok on the case
    So let's say I leave everything the way it is, can someone explain me what is the whole idea behind overclocking?
    If everything already works well why do I want to mess around with it? By taking a risk to damage it?
  4. Its as simple as increasing the core clock on a processor. (3.2ghz to 3.8ghz for example). You also can mess with ram timings and voltage to ensure it is stable. I am currently over clocked from 3.4 to 3.9 on my Phenom 2 x4 965BE. Its perfectly safe as long as you have cooling. You can over clock anything with a processor uint. (graphics card, CPU, phone, tablet, netbook, etc.) The purpose is simple, more performance for free.
  5. Best answer
    If you aren't going to OC then you don't need to buy an unlocked CPU -- the 3750 is designed for overclocking.

HOWEVER--I know you don't want to hear it, but if you stick with that CPU you could get more performance out of it by OCing--now days the CPUs are designed to do it--it's fast, safe, and legal :nD

Take my advice with a grain of salt--I do not know anything about those cases or what the spatial limitations on them actually are--but I would keep the CPU cooler if you can. The intel stock coolers are sh*tty, hard to install, and perform poorly. If you can find a way to keep a aftermarket CPU cooler in there I would.
  6. ok..... Then, I'll proceed with care and see what happens.
    Hopefully cybermonday will bring good deals and save some money to spend on something else.

Thank you everyone for your input.
  7. Best answer selected by DionTheGreek.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems