Closed Solved

CrossfireX 7850s Recording BF3

Hello,

I built a system for playing BF3 with the msi overclocked (900Mhz) 2gb gpu and amd phenom x4 965 cpu at stock speeds (3.41gz). Monitor was 16:10 1440x900. I could record some stuff with msi afterburner at like 45fps average but minimums around 20fps. I wanted better so I bought another graphics card for crossfire and also another monitor for 1080p resolution and larger size. Now, I am still getting about the same performance with 2 cards @1080p. I expected MUCH better performance. (Crossfire 7850s are supposed to be better than a gtx 590). I have an 850w PSU which should be enough to power both cards.

QUESTION 1: Am I getting bottlenecked due to my CPU? QUESTION 2: Would overclocking my cpu vastly improve my frames? my 3dmark 11 GPU scores are 10000+. I was hoping that with the addition of another 7850, I could get 60+ fps while recording.

On a side note, I boot/play Bf3 from a 120gb ozc vertex 3 SSD and record to a 1TB 7200rpm HDD.

This is my first time experimenting with crossfire so thank you!
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about crossfirex 7850s recording
  1. Best answer
    CPU bottleneck, OC and you should see an improvement.
  2. Thanks Ohmybad for the reply.

My goal here is to be able to record at 60fps stable while playing @ 1080p and recording 720p. I have both fraps and msi afterburner, I'm wondering if there is anything else I can/need to do to be able to do this.

Also I'd like to add that I have no AA on and play on lowest graphics settings other than resolution.

Thanks!
  3. Best answer selected by Ecklerov.
  4. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Battlefield Graphics