Razer Tiamat 7.1

trevortmiller

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Today is my sixteenth birthday, and one of the things that I had received was a Razer Tiamat 7.1 headset. After plugging everything in and changing my sound card settings so it's on 7.1, I still am having a problem. Others have also had this problem, but my sound card seems to handle things differently. I have a Realtek HD sound card, but I'm not sure if it is made to use things that run of off 7.1. Although, it had all of the ports in the back for this, the bass is at a very minimal state, were as my old X12s could blow this headset away. I'm looking for either a solution or a new sound card that I should buy. Thanks!

Solution
Realtek HD Sound card is a low end card(integrated) and it will not do a Tiamat justice, I'd look into a Xonar or Creative if you want the most out of your high end Tiamat.

Also I believe most integrated are only capable of putting out 7.1/5.1 through the front panel, back panel audio is usually just standard AC97.

darkspartenwarrior

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Realtek HD Sound card is a low end card(integrated) and it will not do a Tiamat justice, I'd look into a Xonar or Creative if you want the most out of your high end Tiamat.

Also I believe most integrated are only capable of putting out 7.1/5.1 through the front panel, back panel audio is usually just standard AC97.

Solution