Sign in with
Your question
Closed

I7 3770k didn't come with Thermal Gel

Last response: in CPUs
March 5, 2013 11:05:12 PM

I was hoping that there would be some thermal gel that would come with my CPU but there was none. Using the stock heatsink that comes with the CPU for now, should I worry about getting thermal gel if I'm not going to OC right now or can it wait a little bit until I can afford a new heatsink and Video Card?

More about : 3770k thermal gel

a b à CPUs
March 5, 2013 11:08:38 PM

You half to use thermal paste and your stock heatsink should have it pre apply if it doesn't your screwed till you can buy some.
Score

Best solution

a b à CPUs
March 5, 2013 11:13:13 PM

The thermal paste is on the stock heatsink. So as long as you don't re attach the heatsink or get a new one, you don't have to worry about thermal paste. When I first got my AMD CPU I though the stuff on the bottom of the heatsink wasn't thermal paste. It ended up on the ground. Then it was covered is dirt :D .
Related resources
a b à CPUs
March 5, 2013 11:13:53 PM

Yea... Doesn't come in a tube. It's pre applies to the heatsink. And works fine.
Score
March 6, 2013 1:06:11 AM

Best answer selected by Junoh315.
Score
March 6, 2013 1:15:30 AM

melikepie said:
The thermal paste is on the stock heatsink. So as long as you don't re attach the heatsink or get a new one, you don't have to worry about thermal paste. When I first got my AMD CPU I though the stuff on the bottom of the heatsink wasn't thermal paste. It ended up on the ground. Then it was covered is dirt :D .

Thanks. I thought that it was thermal gel but to be honest I wasn't too sure. I had to ask since this PC is like my child now that I built it.

I won't be replacing my heatsink then. I already have a 5 large fans facing different directions. Another reason why I don't want to replace it is because I kind of like the look of it.

Anyways, I shouldn't have anything to worry about. Gigabyte wasn't lying when they said that the UD3H is a cool mobo (temperature-wise). My PC has been running at 25*C. It started off at 44 but lowered itself. I love how the Rosewill Thor V2 case has two fan speed knobs. I currently have three on knob A and the side fan on knob B. My PSU's fan faces down, although I really need to get the PC off of my carpet and onto a wooden plank. I planned on putting it on a piece of an old server from Sun Microsystems but this case is too big to fit. :/ 

Anyways, sorry for the long post but I drank about 3/4 of a Monster "BFC" about 18 hours ago and it hasn't worn off yet.
Score
!