Sign in with
Your question

Random freezes/glitches/lags

Last response: in Systems
October 22, 2012 3:06:01 PM

Hey everyone, about a few weeks ago my computer started experiencing completely random mini lag spikes or glitches. For example if music is playing you'd hear that robotic tearing sound for less than a second or if you were moving your cursor it would stop in one location then jump across the screen once the glitch had ended. These usually occur in small outbursts for around a minute before clearing up and they are completely random. They can happen when I have music and games running or just one of them or even when I'm just typing up a paper on Microsoft Word.

Homebuilt system is about 1-2 years old:

MOBO: MSI Z68A-GD55(G3)
CPU: i7 2600k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (BLUE)
GPU: MSI GTX 460 HAWK OC
HHD: Samsung Spinpoint 7200 RPM 32 Cache
PSU: MK Silencer II 750W

More background: The glitches started a few weeks ago completely out of the blue; I hadn't installed any new software/hardware. I thought it might be time for a reformat so I went ahead and did that but it didn't fix anything. In terms of overclocking, I did have my CPU @ 4.4 GHZ and my GPU @ 900 Core Clock but I also restored those to factory prior to me reformatting without any positive results [also I had my computer running at those settings for over 4 months without issue]. Currently all clocks/voltages are at default and the glitches are still occurring, and more frequently.

Anyone have input? Many thanks.
October 24, 2012 3:25:59 PM

Guess my issue isn't very common
m
l
!