Use IEEE1394 to connect DV camcorder for MSN video conv.

Hello, I am try to use SOny TRV19 for webcam. I connected
firewire cable IEEE1394. But my XP Prof. does not pick up
IEEE 1394. I check in System/Device Managerment/, IEEE is
not listed. I have installed DrictX 9.
Where can I get the driver for this port. I searched MS
web site but cannot find something like 'IEEE1394 bus host
controller'.
THANKS.

Is the digital camcorder:

a) Turned on and in VCR mode?

b) Connected to A/C power and NOT powered by its battery?
www.coribright.com