Which is the best of the three CPU/GPU/MoBo?

Christian713

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
Im planning to upgrade. my budget is 500 dollars.I think i dont want to OC. Im gonna be plaing Crysis 3, Far Cry 3 ,BF3, Black Ops 2 and Watch Dogs.

This:
CPU:Intel Core i5 3350P
Mobo:Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP
GPU:Sapphire Radeon 7850 2GB GDDR5

or this:
CPU:Intel Core i5 3570K
Mobo:Asrock Z77 Pro3
GPU: Palit GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB GDDR5

or this:
CPU:AMD FX 6300
Mobo:ASRock 970 Extreme3
GPU: Palit Geforce GTX 660 2G GDDR5 OC Edition

can you please give full info on every part. tnx

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If this is a pre-built and you have to choose from those combos only, I would give the nod to the first one. The HD 7850 and the GTX 660 are about equal: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html
The i5-3570K is a slightly better CPU than the i5-3350, plus it can easily be O/C'ed. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-5.html
But you can't swap and mix, so go with one unless you can pick and choose components. The FX-6300 is no slouch, but the i5 is preferred. If you are gaming at 1920x1080 or above, the 2GB VRAM will also be nice for maxing out textures.

rayy1212

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Because your not planning on an overclock I'd skip the 3570k and shoot for a better graphics processor. My personal preference would be the third choice and here's why...

Because almost all games only use one core of a CPU most of your gaming load is dedicated to the GPU that you select. The FX 6300 is fast enough to keep up with the i5 in gaming being that the i5 would only make a slight difference toward frame rate.

The ASrock motherboard is ideal for gaming systems at a decent price point for a limited budget without sacrificing any performance.

And finally I'll choose an Nvidia card over Radeon everytime, the 660 with 2 gigs of Vram is great for high performance gaming though if you have the choice to upgrade to a 660ti rather I would suggest that step up, these three components will offer you the best bang for your buck hands down.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

The mistake was in thinking today's games only use one core. Almost no games today use only one core (unless that's all that's available). Modern games can and will utilize 3 or 4 cores. There are even some that will use as many cores as are available. Games today are heavily multi-threaded.

rayy1212

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013

I apologize again and accept your constructive criticism I was obviously misinformed and I thank you for your correction so that I wouldn't mislead someone in the same direction. As a side note and as a appreciation of your knowledge I would like to ask if you agree with any of my other points?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

For the most part yes. AsRock boards are good boards, but they tend to be on the thin side. Easily bent or warped. But good boards for a budget builder all the same. I have no preference when it comes to Nvidia or AMD. They are both strong competitors. They usually exchange blows with each new generation of card. AMD was at the top with the 7000 series, now Nvidia has the Titan...