I5 3570 high temps

mrchangg

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
So I recently installed an i5 3570 with stock fan and stock paste and when I play games like Planetside 2 and Final Fantasy 14, my core temps can go as high as 90c in highly populated areas. Final Fantasy 14 however, goes only up to 80c in highly populated areas. I believe I installed everything correctly as my idle usually sits at 27-33c. Right now, I got two streams going etc and my temps currently are at 34-41c

Those numbers are completely fine. It's not expected to get better performance by a stock cooler.

The idle temperatures are actually quite good. However the load temperatures shold not exceed 75 C.

Try to remount the stock cooler with some fresh thermal paste, only use a pea-sized drop in the middle of the CPU. Also make sure that the heat-sink is all the way through the MOBO.

Air flow is very important for the stock cooler. If you don't got proper air flow in your case, then the the temperatures will continue to rise.

Upgrading to a better aftermarket cooler is recommended.

satyamdubey

Distinguished

Completely agree. +1. The fact that idle temps are okay but load is like 10-15C more than expected temp range, the point to reseat cpu and making sure it's all the way through the mobo is totally valid and must be ensured.

mrchangg

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
Removed stock thermal and put in my own. Reinstalled heatsink/fan. Still getting around 86c when playing Planetside 2 in heavy firefights. That means I'm just gonna get an EVO 212