New build to run four monitors for financial trading

mrbcfc

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
Hi guys,

This will be my first ever build so I was hoping to run it by you for your expert thoughts (after having used this forum extensively already for my research to date). My 'requirements' and proposed components list are below.

I can source the components for ~£730. I'd basically like to know three things:
1) Would you recommend any worthy upgrades?
2) Can I cut out any unnecessary expense?
3) Is everything compatible and/or of sufficient power/quality?

I love the Silverstone FT03 case design and am hoping to stick with it. Hence, the Micro-AX board.

I'd potentially be willing to spend another £100 or so, if worth it.

Many thanks in advance!

----------------------
*Requirements*
Four screens
Lots of processing power and RAM
Small case footprint
Quiet
Cool
Not concerned about high-quality graphics, just want a large four-screen canvas for charts/data/news.

*Proposed Components*
Processor Intel Core i7-3770
Mobo Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H
RAM Kingston HyperX Blu Red DDR3 1600MHz, 16GB
HD SanDisk Extreme SSD 120GB
Graphics 2 x ASUS nVidia GeForce GT 520
PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2, 620W
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo
Case Silverstone FT03-S Micro-ATX, Silver

g-unit1111

Titan
1) Would you recommend any worthy upgrades?

That dual GT520 is *NOT* going to handle a multiple display setup very well. A single Sapphire Flex would be a better choice as it's unique in that you can run multiple displays in HDMI *AND* DVI as opposed to just one or the other - and run four off a single card. Also Cooler Master PSUs have horrendous reliability issues. The Hyper TX3 is no better than the stock fan, and you don't need one if you're not going to overclock.

2) Can I cut out any unnecessary expense?

I'd get a mechanical drive over an SSD in your case. You don't want to trade speed for space unless you have a larger budget.

3) Is everything compatible and/or of sufficient power/quality?

Yeah but there's not a lot of good choices there. I like the case - Silverstone makes some really well built HTPC and small form factor cases.

mrbcfc

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
I thnk I'll make the following changes then:
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 FleX (with active adapter for fourth screen).
Fan: Stick with stock for now.
PSU: Struggling here. Can get Corsair HX650 for £95 or Antec TruePower New 750 for ~£75. (Can't seem to source a TPN 650.) (Btw, do you think 650w is about right? Is 750w too much?)

nbelote: I'd like to have four independent monitors rather than two independent displays stretched across two screens.

Thank you both!