Computer won't post.

G

hi guys, so i have two different computers, one about 2 years old and one that is about one month old as of today. The 2 year old computer use to work perfectly with no issues what so ever. One day i decided to RMA my power supply because it was making a ticking noise. After i got a new psu from the rma, i tested it on my 2 year old computer and it wouldn't post. The light on the motherboard power button would glow green (which means the mobo is getting power) but when i press it, the fans would run for about 1 fraction of a second then stop and nothing else happens. I then purchased the one month old computer and tested the psu with it and i got the same exact problem stated above. I then made sure all cables are firmly connected, benchtested both computers and tried one stick of ram on each slot at a time. After i try every troubleshooting step i could think of, i concluded that the psu was the problem and thought that it might have damaged both my computers and that's why they won't post. So i submitted a damage claim case with Corsair (the manufacturer of the power supply) and they said that everything actually works perfectly including all of my components AND the power supply >.<
Now i am about 2 days away from getting all of my parts back from the damage claim with another power supply replacement and I am simply baffled at the damage claim results. I am really glad that all my parts are working fine, but i have a feeling that i most likely will get the same problem when the components arrive to me in about two days and idk what else to do. I highly doubt that this could be a grounding problem since when i got my replacement power supply and tested it on the 2 year old computer, the motherboard was never actually removed from the case or tampered with in any way throughout the duration of the PSU RMA and i even took it out of the case and benchtested it after i tested it while its still in the case so that rules out a grounding problem.
So what do you guys think about this? do you think that Corsair probably lied to me just to avoid reimbursing me for the "damaged" parts?
2 year old computer specs =
msi z77a gd 65
i5 2400 @ 3.4ghz
8gb of corsair vengeance ram
tx 850 corsair psu
gtx 560 ti
new computer specs (all new parts except for the ram and psu) =
msi z77a gd65 (
i7 3770k @ 3.5
gtx 680

G

Yes, i sent both systems to corsair for testing. They concluded that both machines AND the power supply are working perfectly. They even stress tested all components for 24 hours. No multimeter yet unfortunately, but apparently i don't need it since everything works "perfectly" according to Corsair. I'm thinking they either lied to me or I just didn't install the 24pin/8pin properly.

G

Yeah, i know i just thought i should post the forum now just for the hell of it lol. I don't really expect the problem to disappear though so I most likely would've had to post it two days from now regardless. Anyway, i'll update you guys with the results after I get my parts back.

G

My computers apparently came back to life :D. Glad this is finally over. I do have a new lame problem tho. My i7 3770k cpu shows different temperatures with different programs for some reason. real temp shows readings like 18,20,25,23 while core temp shows 25,26,32,29. This wasn't happening when i had my i5 2400 cpu.