chandanprakash2002

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Hello,
I tried to search for the specific query I have but havent been able to locate one hence the question here. I will be thankful if someone could guide me to my query if it exists.
issue: I have bought new laptp recently, toshiba L880 with i7 3612, 8 gb ram and AMD Raedon 7670 card. Now , when I conect it to my samsung HD TV, 51 inch plasma which plays 1080P video like a breeze when connected to my 50p panasonic camcorder , video strutters what I mean is there is visible jerks whenever sot is panning. I have even tried to reduce the resolution to 720P but still there is jitterness visible...
this cant be true... I have connected to TV using both HDMI and VGA cable but same results....
is it possible that graphics card is faulty..else how could a card these could NOT play 1080 P video??

My videos are all 50P.

any help will be highly appreciated.

Chairman Ray

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
If that is screen tearing you are referring to, you can try enabling v-sync.

What happens when you play the videos on the laptop screen? Does it behave the same way?

chandanprakash2002

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012

video still judders but to a lesser extent. my laptop screen runs at 13something by 768 resolution.

i do not understand what screen tearing is but what I am experiencing is a judder or stuttering of video.. video is no smooth and I can , on occasions, sense lower frame rates.....

I still cant imagine how how could cards such as AMD raedon 7670 NOT play 1080P video smoothly. my drivers are up to date. I have checked.
I tried to run an utilit can Furmark , which kept on testing my GPU for an hour or so and ws constantly showing framerate as 11fps. not sure what to make of this figure... any possiblity of any fault with the graphics card.